Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MT. Vernon steel guitar show
Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2018 8:48 am    

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2018 8:57 am    

The steel is in good hands with these fine young men Tobin Hess , an Jacob King not only great musicians but humble young men An a pleasure to visit with.

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2018 9:07 am    

What a wonderful time we had at the Illinois steel guitar show . Visiting with old friends and making new ones. Even on Thursday night the ball room was overflowing it reminded me of the St. Louis steel guitar convention in its hay day.

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2018 9:14 am    

BMI veteran steel guitar builder Don showing me the latest innovation. An taking me too school

Lyle Dent

Little Rock ,Arkansas
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 9:31 am     Bmi

I would say Don Friche knows a BMI better than anyone. I wonder how many he has built?

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 9:56 am    

Lyle I think he may whole the record for the longest continued steel guitar manufacturer if not he's very close I Know he was working for Zane Beck around 1975 an still going. An also he manufactures all his parts himself he should be in the Hall of fame of actual steel guitar builders. His customer service is impeccable.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 10:14 am    

What the heck is going on with that Fults guitar? Looks like a whole row of extra tuning pegs...?

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 11:23 am    

Jim those tuners are for the pedals and knees. Different but smooth and good sounding steel. I didn't ask him the weight. You never know what you will discover at these shows.

Jack Hargraves

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 12:54 pm    

l asked him the weight. He said around fifty lbs.

Dyke Corson

Fairmount, IL USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 7:38 pm    

Check out some Facebook videos of Johnny Cox playing the Fults on his set. This guitar has great tone and sustain, and it plays smooth as butter. Does not sound like any other all-pull I've played. Bob Fults hit a home run with his first attempt at building a pedal steel. It's awesome

Brad Fults

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2018 2:45 am     FULTS Pedal Steel Guitar...

Thank you Dyke Corson for the kind words on Dads Steel Guitar... Dad is going to produce 4 more of these guitars at this point in time...

He will take your name and contact info and put you on a list if your interested in one....
no deposit, no commitment...
Dad does not want to be held under a spot light, or time line on these 4 he is doing... He wants to do them at his pace and not be held under pressure. This is a hobby, and wants to keep it that way. When he get this lot of 4 done, then he will contact the first 4 on the list and see who wants one and go from there... it might be 6 months, it might be a year or better... Dad is 80+ years young and just wants to move at his own pace and not have pressure on his shoulders... He has had a few inquiries and list started... still room for a few more. Thank you again Dyke for all you have done and words of praise. And thank you all in this forum for all your input, Q&A's and praise as well... Bob Fults' son, Brad Fults