The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hay day of CM, PICK ON, PICK ON
Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2018 1:32 am    

I feel I hsve been lucky enough to live thru the HAY DAY of country music and the pedal and non-pedal steel guitar. ! ! From Jimmie Rodgers to some of the present. And the Steel greats, i.e. Jerry Byrd, Pete Drake. RAY MONTEE, SPEEDY WEST,
BOBBY BLACK AND SO MANY MANY MORE.
HOW MANY FEEL THE SAME. GREAT SONG WRITERS TOO, HARLEN HOWARD, WILLIE, ROGER MILLER HANK COCHRAN, TOMPALL & THE GLASER BROS..& Many more,.
HAPPY TRAILS, THE PICKERS IN THIS FORUM ARE HONEST GREAT, N HELPFUL.. ! The songs of about 1990 and up were mostly junk. But there was always TOM T. HALL to listen too and NERLE & WILLIE, WAYLON
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

john buffington

Owasso OK - USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2018 7:29 am    

Amen to that, glad I too was able to experience the heydays of REAL Country Music. Just MHO.

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2018 9:48 am     Hay day of CM

Very Happy Recent sing by Merle
and Willie from the "DJANGO AND JIMMIE" ALBUM. fits my life, lol
"IT'S ONLY MONEY,,IT WILL GO AWAY", Laughing i laughed my tail off, n Tom T. HALL SONGS.
THEN THE CLASSIC STEEL PLAYERS, RAY MONTEE on the Sullivan show. CHUCK BERRY playing Steel, St. LOUIS BLYES, BILL HALEY AND THE SADDLEMEN. OLD FATS DOMINO, ESPECIALLY THE CROWN PRINCE OF R & R = BUDDY HOLLEY, MUSICAL MOZART.
HAPPY TRAILS. CAA
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.