The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  same knee levers for both necks?
scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2018 3:05 pm    

my Sierra Sessions have 5 knee levers, all 5 of which I have working both necks. does anyone else do this?

I know most guitars have 2 sets of left knee levers, but I really don't shift my position much at all when I switch to C6. I'm totally comfortable using the same lefts on both necks. I almost never use the volume pedal either, so I suppose I stay a bit more centered than those who do. my right foot works pedals 7 & 8, left foot works 4,5,6.

just wondering about others' personal habits or preferences, and also if there are other brands besides the Sierras where all the knee levers have the ability to function on both necks.

Tony Glassman

The Great Northwest
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2018 3:21 pm    

Unusual, but if it works for you.....

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2018 4:14 pm    

Both of the right knee levers on my Franklin work both necks. They both have 3 pulls on the E9th and 1 on the C6th. The knee levers are not "stiff".