The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Can anybody help identify this pedal arraingment of a C6th
Steve Phillips

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 8:59 am    

Is this some type of standard C6Th? I have a MSA D12 Classic 10-5. I can not recognize this setup of the C6th neck. I have uploaded a picture of the tail end of guitar and a picture of My chart of current operation of pedals. Can anyone recognize this pedal/string arrangement? Thanks

Steve Phillips

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 11:10 am     Also, a Bobby Sparks was owner.

Also a Bobby Sparks may have been the original owner. Maybe His styles are a clue

Bengt Erlandsen

Brekstad, NORWAY
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 11:11 am    

From the chart you have made w the raise and lowers indicated it looks to me as guitar was tuned low to high: C F A C E G A C E G and maybe D F for the extra 2 strings. Your P7 would be be the "standard" P5 that raise (10) C-D , (9) F-F#, (5) G-F#, while in your case also raising your 3rd string G to A
All the changes makes sense if strings 12-3 are tuned C F A C E G A C E G, then you have to decide what goes on string 2 and 1.

B.Erlandsen
Zumsteel S12extE9 7+7

Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 11:30 am    

Yes, it looks like a standard C6. Highest note (G) is the 3rd string. Strings 1 and 2 may be D and B.

You show P7 raising a whole step on high G. Some guys do that, but it is much more common (and easier to mash the pedal) to raise high G just a half step to G#.

Also it looks like you show your P 7 raising string 5 from A to C. Probably it would be just a half step, to B flat. Maybe the pedal was tuned with a wound string, and then somebody put a plain string on and it got pulled much further.

Also, it is possible that your P4 was set up to raise the C strings only a half step, to C#. You show both C strings going up to D (which is also useful).