The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fussy case inside yes or no
Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2018 7:12 am    

That coffin material that’s in a nice case do u really need it. I can do a much better job on protecting steel by putting support blocks exactly where they need to be just my opinion I’ll take some example pictures u can see . How often have you seen the imprint of Keys an changer in bottom of case that means something has failed An is putting your steel at risk. Most case builders do a great job with coffin material don’t get me wrong more ways than one to climb a tree. Reminds me of cheap shag carpet good place for critters to live.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2018 8:56 am    

My Franklin sits on 1" covered foam pad. Mr Franklin said it was the best way to transport a steel in a case, from his experience working at Sho-Bud and dealing with his son's steels and cases. My D-10 Franklin is 36 years old, on a second case (original was one piece now on a two piece set that I built) and has had no damage and does not go out of tune because of placing it on a foam pad.