The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ACM and Las Vegas
Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 16 Apr 2018 4:09 pm    

https://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/how-the-acm-awards-dropped-the-ball-on-recognizing-route-91-tragedy-w519209

gary pierce

Rossville TN
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2018 5:43 am    

It had to be tough for Jason, and others just to come back to the town where the tragic event took place.

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2018 1:45 pm    

Yes for Jason. But, the Funeral for the Academy Of Coming Music's real History has past. It's no wonder who did that ! Laughing U know it's all about MONEY.

Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2018 10:07 am    

A big 10-4 on that one Leo...... We were around and remember when the Academy started and was supposedly for the "West Coast" pickers and singers before Nashville stuck it's foot in the door and took it away with their bags of money. Remember the good old days at the John Wayne Theater in Knott's Berry Farm and other venues which we all took part in and the meetings at local bars & saloons. Do you still belong? I discontinued my membership about 15 years ago and gave my old membership pin to my sister in law who collects that sort of thing........JH in Va.

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 1:04 am    

I'm a Lifetime member of the ACM with a holding card that means nothing..... It's just that, A CARD.... But,they (ACM) treat us old dogs Musicians like neighborhood shit.... Rac Clark ,my late dear friend Dick Clark's son don't even know who I am anymore nor our late dear friend Al Bruno.... He (Rac Clark) said to the ACM check in folks at last weekends Academy of Country Music Rock N Roll Rap Awards shit show, he's never heard of me...... truth is, the Funeral is coming soon for the Academy Of Country Music & Rac Clark don't own the Dick Clark Productions Company anymore any way. It belongs to a China business corp. from New York City that paid a billion Dollars for it, Dick Clark Productions. Whoa! Did I tell the Truth?.... Fake News....... SwampWater Fox CD Album on Young Country Records. ....... You are on that album ,Jerry playing Steel Guitar.