The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Source Audio Ventris Reverb Pedal
Gary Peaslee

Hideaway, TX USA
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2018 9:54 am    

Has anyone tried the new Source Audio Ventris stereo reverb pedal with steel guitar? It features dual DSP reverb engines (2 reverb pedals in one box), 12 presets, 4 storage presets, editor to create an additional 128 presets, 4 knobs to shape the sound (Pre-Delay, Tone, Control 1&2), and the ability to layer 2 reverbs at the same time (A,A+B,B switch). The stock Hall L, Room, Plate, and Spring reverbs all sound great.

Mathew Peluso

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2018 9:13 am    

I have a Ventris on my guitar (6-string electric) pedalboard. It's a really deep pedal with some incredible sounds. However, for pedal steel I still prefer the Neunaber algorithms. I have a Slate and primarily use the WET algo. I look at the Ventris as more of a studio tool. But I have no doubt that it could cover anything you throw at it if you take the time to dial in presets. There's a ton of editing that can be done with their software and I do plan to explore this. The Slate with ExP covers everything I need for now though. Then again, I don't use spring reverb. The Ventris has a killer spring reverb engine.