The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Big Thank You to George Piburn
Allen Hutchison

Kilcoy, Qld, Australia
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2018 4:17 pm    

Many thanks to George, of Georgeboards fame! Cool
I recently saw a post by Steve Wilson regarding 3D printed guitars parts i.e. replacement bridge for his Model 59 Rickenbacker.
I've secured a couple from George, that I intend to install into guitars in my collection.
Also, I'll be sending other vintage parts for George to copy & add to his digital software catalogue, so that replacement parts can be made available to all.
As a lefty, I must say that this service will be a tremendous boon for those of us who have had problems converting instruments for our use in the past.
So many thanks George, for your engineering & 3D printing expertise, for our collective benefit.
I know this is not a cheap exercise for you!
Cheers, Allen. Smile

Bill McCloskey

Nanuet, NY
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2018 5:04 pm    

George is a great guy and a fellow entrepreneur. His contribution to the steel guitar is immeasurable.

Steve Wilson

Morgan Hill, California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2018 7:16 pm    

George is the man! Thanks for helping keep these old guitars alive.

Jeff Spencer

Queensland, Australia
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2018 2:06 pm    

I saw some of these parts Allen speaks of yesterday. Top shelf and a great service to folk with older instruments. Remember too that you can now print in various composite materials which will bring about more soundscape experimentation!

Steve Wilson

Post  Posted 8 Apr 2018 2:24 pm     Love the GeorgeBoards PLA Bridge

I kind of hate to admit it, but I prefer the tone of George's PLA bridge on my Rick Model 59 over the original Bakelite one we used as the model to be 3D printed. I encourage anyone needing a new bridge to get in contact with Mr. Boards.

Allen Hutchison

Kilcoy, Qld, Australia
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2018 3:24 pm     Re: Love the GeorgeBoards PLA Bridge

Steve Wilson wrote:
I kind of hate to admit it, but I prefer the tone of George's PLA bridge on my Rick Model 59 over the original Bakelite one we used as the model to be 3D printed. I encourage anyone needing a new bridge to get in contact with Mr. Boards.

I'm very glad to hear that news Steve, as my parts remain uninstalled ATM, & I was unable to answer that question yesterday at my steel club.
George also tells me he's going to work on PLA (poly-lastic-acid) with copper, which will afford a "sheen" type semi polish, as compared to the matt finish of the PLA & carbon fibre.
I'd also like to suggest that any other lefty's out there, who would like to do proper left hand conversions, get in touch with George.

George Piburn

The Land of Enchantment New Mexico
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2018 4:35 pm     Thanks Fellas

Thanks for the good words everyone, to anyone wanting parts for DIY Projects I am Glad To Help You.

I made the Copper Version and it is really cool looking and has a definite metal sonic quality.

All of the Metal infused versions can be Buffed - Sanded - Polished - Painted, - The copper got really shiny after a few minutes using 400 and 600 sand paper.

We also make a Stainless Steel, and Now very pleased to announce we are going to get BRASS or BRONZE.

The Polymer is PLA = PolyLatic-Acid with 40 % powdered metal or carbon fiber added to it. Amazingly PLA is also Biodegrade-able. So no long term detriment to our environment.

So far in the Rickenbacher Realm, we have created this NS bridge , (The Triangular Pointy one) and an 8 String one that goes on the Panda Bodies.

We also have some DIY Bridge and Nut Sets in 6 and 8 string Versions,
with Pre Notched string slots for C6-A6 -- Open E-D type tunings.
Both have countersunk holes for hold down screws.

I make these parts to Help Folks make their own steel guitars;
and to Help Folks keep their old and broken Rickenbacher guitars alive for another generation of playing.
YouTube Channel

Steve Wilson

Post  Posted 8 Apr 2018 9:45 pm     Rick Panda Bridge Clarification

Hi George and all,
Just wanted to clarify the Rickenbacher Bakelite Panda bridge George duplicated from an original I sent via Bill Creller will fit the post war guitars with the metal tailpiece. It is wide enough to accommodate 6, 7 or 8 strings.

Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2018 12:14 pm    

I believe I got these wood replacement panels from George for my late 1940’s model B. Looks cool.