The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1965 Emmons Push-Pull For Sale
Jeff Evans

Cowtown and The Bill Cox Outfit
Post  Posted 18 May 2018 5:58 am    

Unless you had another black push-pull Emmons, this must've been your instrument on a Steve Stewart/Rick Trevino show in 1994. You were playing through one (or more) Session 500(s), and what stood out to me, tone-wise, was the fullness of body. Many guys seem to run these thin and dispersed, but what you were doing that night had body/substance/mids as well as clarity and robust low-end. Very pleasing and memorable, obviously.

Marty Muse

Austin,Tx USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2018 6:44 am    

Hey Jeff, I have had other black push-pulls but in 1994 that would have been this guitar. At the time I was playing through a Session 500. Those amps had lots of robust low end. Love playing through them, as long as you have a team of folks to carry them around for you. Nowdays the small amps are sounding better and better to me with each passing year.

Larry Sasser

Conyers,Ga. USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2018 9:36 am     Bolt On with 3 rows of holes

I was told by I think Buddy but might have been Weldon, that the third row of holes was an experiment they were trying to split tune. I don't think they ever made it work, but that is the reason for the holes. I hope this helps. I do see what you mean about the decal being in a different place, I don't think that means anything. The original decal could have been damaged and replace. Who knows ????

Marty Muse

Austin,Tx USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2018 7:55 pm    

Thanks Larry. I guess we will never know the complete story. I have often thought that if this wasn't Weldon's guitar then what happened to it? A mystery for someone else to figure out. The guitar sold and a donation to the Steel Guitar Forum is on its way. You can now close this thread...