The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Working on a production in my home studio.
Larry McFall

Huntsville,Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2018 1:23 pm    

I get much pleasure out of having a well equipped home studio which is a combination of older equipment I have used in the past and new more high tech stuff now available. I have never quit using tape in my many years of recording which I employ with a lot of satisfaction.

The playback out of tape is just the quality I want and this older equipment doesn’t have the ills that some this computer based equipment. I have matched to where I get the best out of it.

I made a youtube of my rig and a little on how I employ it on making assorted steel guitar arrangements to selected songs.

https://youtu.be/mB4gM8WtKP4

Ken Boi

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2018 5:15 am    

Very nice Larry. I'm always interested when players are willing to open up and show their personal music environments. Nice rendition of the Hank William's song.

Larry McFall

Huntsville,Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2018 4:36 pm    

Thank you Ken! I like to see what our steel guitar pickin friends are doing to have a little fun with our chosen musical instrument. I think far too often players don’t believe they are good enough to air their playing. We’ve all been down there wondering if anybody cares how we do or, if we’re doing anything worth while.

If your pickin on the Steel Guitar in my humble opinion, your are indeed doing something worth while and good and I, would like to hear more about were our fellow players are going with this.

We’ve got to keep the forum alive with steel guitar exhibits and playing. Make the forum ring with the sound and positive discussions on steel guitars. The Sound of [Steel Guitar] Music!