The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Boss Katana 50
Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2018 8:35 am    

Selling my Boss Katana 50 because I just have too many amps. It's a great little amp and I gig with it regularly. It has all the great Boss effects built in and you can plug it into the Boss software in your computer and tweak all the effects. I'd like to keep it but can't have them all. Ships in the original box with all original packing.
I'd say it's easily 9.5/10 condition - probably better.

$150.00 plus shipping from 34209.

Last edited by Skip Ellis on 8 Dec 2018 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total

David Cooper

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2018 9:03 am    

Question! How was it as a beginner/first amp on an S10? Would the Katana 100 make much of difference for home practice?

Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2018 9:10 am    

Honestly, I've never played steel through it but it would probably work fine. 12" speaker like a Nashville 112. Maybe someone who has played steel through one can jump in. I've used it as a lead guitar gigging amp and it works fine.

mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2018 12:54 pm    

Excuse me for jumping in. This amp is great for home or a small gig venue. If I did not already have one I would jump on it and it sounds great with a steel.

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet

Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2018 2:08 pm    

Tnx for the plug - they are great little amps and this one is like new.

Alan Rudd

Ardmore, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2018 5:13 am    

I have heard great things about these amps. Wondering about one myself...

Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2018 3:05 pm    

ttt

Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2018 8:34 am    

Saturday bump - great little amp, folks!!

Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2018 6:55 am    

Tuesday bump for a good 'un. Great for guitar or steel

Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2018 12:41 pm    

Sunday Bump - good little amp

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2018 12:07 pm    

I have a Katana 100, and I have yet, to have it set to the 100W. I play mostly in my home, but have played it out a few times. It has 5W, 50W, 100W, and it have never been used on the 100W. I have tried it on the 5W, but didn't really like it, but it is always on the 50W. Great little amp, but I still favor the Nashville 112.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2018 10:59 am    

Monday bump for a great amp

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2018 12:38 pm     Boss Katana 50

I bought the 100 head only six days ago. I am using it with a PF 350 speaker. I couldn't be happier. So far, here at home, I think I'm finally getting the sound I have been looking for. Closest sound to a tube amp that I have ever got. 50 watts is loud! 100 watt setting will blow barn doors off. I will be giving it a try on a gig next week for the first time. I will be really surprised if I need more than the 50 watts. The head only has a built in 5" speaker for practice and tuning.

My advice, grab this amp. For the price, the weight, the features and the sound, it can't be beat. Ron Hogan has a bunch of sound clips on the forum if you would like to hear it.

Stephen Abruzzo

Philly, PA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2018 1:32 pm    

George, how do you like the sound you get out of the 5" speaker?

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2018 3:31 pm     Boss Katana 50

The 5" speaker is surprisingly pretty good for what it is. It is much better than I expected. It is meant for practice of tuning. Although I am using my PF 350 speaker for practice right now because it is new and I want to break it in. Once that is done, I will be using the 5" speaker for practice. I have never heard of a head only amp with a speaker. I think it's genius and handy as a pocket on a shirt. When you plug a speaker
in, the 5" speaker automatically shuts off. If I ever blow my speaker on a gig, I can see micing the 5" speaker to finish the gig.

Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2018 6:54 am    

Saturday bump

Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2018 7:30 pm    

Another Saturday bump

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 16 Dec 2018 11:32 am    

I played my Ritt through both the 50 and the 100 they both sound awesome I bought the 100 just in case I need more power. I like the NV 112 but I like the Boss because of the effects. They are both great amps for Steel.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.

Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2019 8:27 pm    

Close it up b0b, I'll relist later