The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  "Is it any wonder"
David Hubenak

Wallis, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2018 7:15 pm    

""Is it any wonder ".......lyrics from the song "So Sad" off Lloyd Green's new CD "Revisited
After listening to Lloyd's CD on my 250 mile trip back home from Dallas, and playing that selection over and over I came to the conclusion "is it any wonder" how Lloyd was an important part on over one hundred number one recordings during his career. IMHO his musical genius stood out like a sore thumb on that number!. I couldn't hear it enough. What a show in Dallas this year. Thanks to Albert, Debbie, and all who made it happen!

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2018 7:37 am    

David, Did you buy the (Revisited) CD at the Show or do you know where to get otherwise? Thanks, J.R.

Rick Kornacker

Dixon Springs, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2018 9:20 am     right you are...

Hey David! Yes...in my humble opinion,Lloyd's version of the tune is the quintessential answer to the question "What should back-up steel sound like in a song?". Although there is much more playing involved here than any commercial country tune(for obvious reasons) there is not a single fill that isn't to die for! No doubt...Lloyd is da man! Also just found his instrumental version(again) of the song on YouTube...also just flawless! His contributions to the Peter Cooper projects are more of the same. Respectfully submitted, RK

David Hubenak

Wallis, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2018 12:18 pm    

J.R..........,I bought the CD at the Dallas show. Lloyd and J.D. Maness had a booth set up for sales, conversation, and photos....it was great.

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2018 6:30 pm    

Hello David, Well after striking out in a search for this CD I searched in my own collection and there it was. So I have been enjoying again. It sucks getting old and not be able to remember things. J.R. Rose

Dustin Rigsby

Parts Unknown, Ohio
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2018 7:18 pm    

Also available on iTunes