The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Emmons Volume Pedal Travel
Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2018 3:23 pm    

I have an Emmons Volume pedal that I am changing the pot on. It doesn't seem to have enough travel when adjusted to open the pot all of the way. It looks like when pressed, the tension spring is touching where the string to connected not allowing it to go further. Has anyone else had this problem? I appreciate the help.

Bill L. Wilson

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2018 11:18 pm     The String.

I just replaced the pot in one of my Emmons pedals tonight. I use a spool of nylon line to make my pedal strings. I cut a fairly long length of string, melt the ends with a lighter flame to keep it from unraveling. Thread it through the little hole cast into the frame, tie one end to the spring, pull it up to within a 1/2” of the cast hole, wrap it around the pully 3or4 turns, wrap the loose end taut around the set screw and tighten the screw, then cut off excess string. Now, pull the spring into the other cast hole in the frame with needle nose pliers and you’re home free. I did have to put a little sticky wax (a little bit off of a toilet wax ring works great) on the string to keep it from slipping. Hope this helps.

Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2018 7:51 am    

Thanks Bill, it’s working good. I put a new pot and a re-string and I missed the eye/string guide under the bottom. It’s working good now. Thanks for the help.

Danny