The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lloyd Green at Texas Steel Show
Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2018 3:56 pm    

Thanks much Tony...kicking myself for not being there! What a master and treasured artist! Carl

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2018 4:20 pm    

Worth moving to the top. Tony Palmer posted a link to some of the recordings at the show.

Rose Sinclair

Austin, TX, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2018 7:26 am    

Thanks for posting those links, Tony. It was a real experience to sit there and listen to Lloyd Green play and tell us some stories. Such a soft-spoken and humble man. I love the crowd reaction when he modulates in the middle of Farewell Party -- it really brings it home as to how appreciative and deep listening the steel show audience is. We were thrilled with every note!

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2018 4:34 am    

Hi Tony, Thank you for sharing your experience at the # one steel show in the world. I wish I could go there with you like the many fun times we had in St Louis. Rose Sinclair, Congratulations for winning "Steel Guitar Player of the Year". It`s an honor to know you personally. " I Can See Clearly Now". When I heard Loyd`s recording way back then, was it the Shobud or his technique that left me thinking I`d heard the most pleasing silkiest sound I ever heard.

Jeff Spencer

Queensland, Australia
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2018 2:32 pm    

Agree with all the comments about Lloyd and his playing. For my mine, coming from Australia to meet so many greats our our instrument was a life changing weekend for me. What a humble master of taste, melody and execution. Unforgettable!!!!. Another master steel player who gave of his time and knowledge was Buck Reid. He gave a flawless performance ( and a lovely human being. ) Of course lets not leave out JayDee. - wow!! Thanks to Mike Headrick for making me a better player with your fantastic products!!! There is no better!!