The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Selling question
Neal Vosberg

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 9:50 am    

Is it against forum policies to post about a steel for sale listed on another site, like Reverb?

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 9:56 am    

It is

Mike Marsh

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 10:51 am     Policy or Sticky?

Im surprised it not stated in advice for sellers. Ill have to look through the forum policies.
Mike

Mike Marsh

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 11:00 am     Selling on forum and ebay..

Ok, i read the policies and was surprised to see this issue is almost the first mentioned.
No, its not against policy to sell on both.
It is asked that a member not use the Forum's classified adds to direct sales to Ebay. And if you do sell on ebay to a Forum Member. The Forum should get 2.5%.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 2:49 pm    

When the policy was written, Ebay was the main concern. Now we have Reverb, Craigslist, and a handful of other places. The concept is the same: we don't want our Classified Ads section to become a gateway to other sites where the sale is actually made.
Quote:
Use of the Classified Ads section to drive traffic to online auctions (e.g. EBay) is subject to a 2.5% finders fee if the auctioned item is bought by a Forum member.

Douglas Schuch

Valencia, Philippines
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 3:27 pm    

I will note that people sometimes post links to sales they have nothing to do with, but feel it might be of interest to the other forum members. I think b0b thinks this is ok (he can correct me if I am wrong), but these should NOT be posted in the classifieds, but in the appropriate other section (Pedal Steel, Steel Without Pedals, etc) and most times people make it clear they have nothing to do with the sale.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 6:03 pm     I think....

It's one thing to post a guitar for sale here and have that guitar posted elsewhere.

It's quite another thing to post here in order to drive traffic and secure sales to Reverb, Ebay, or other sites.
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 6:52 pm    

Douglas Schuch wrote:
I will note that people sometimes post links to sales they have nothing to do with, but feel it might be of interest to the other forum members. I think b0b thinks this is ok (he can correct me if I am wrong), but these should NOT be posted in the classifieds, but in the appropriate other section (Pedal Steel, Steel Without Pedals, etc) and most times people make it clear they have nothing to do with the sale.

When I see those, I move them. The forum's Classified Ads section is for member's ads only.

Mark Helm wrote:
It's one thing to post a guitar for sale here and have that guitar posted elsewhere.

It's quite another thing to post here in order to drive traffic and secure sales to Reverb, Ebay, or other sites.

That is correct. The first is fine. The second is not.

Mike Marsh

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2018 6:34 am     Policy clarification!

bOb, Thanks for that last clarification. I was gonna say that, that was my interpretation, but didn't wanna muddy the waters! Your post made it clear!
Mike