The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Another vote - Quilter 101 reverb
Raymond Jones

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2018 8:30 am    

I have had a lot of fun bundling the best and Lightest amp (and BEST sounding) unit together.I like the old industrial look. I started out as only building a speaker cabinet for my new Wharehouse American vintage G12C speaker. Solid pine box with metal corners and rope handle (on the side so the top was clear for the amp). Then I got the Quilter 101 Reverb amp - has the tone I always wanted, plus I added the Voodoo Lab Tremolo to complete the sound. WOW !! To bring it all together I built it all inside the cabinet, built wood angles and velcro mounted the amp and tremolo. Added heavy right angle speaker jacks so nothing sticks out and put on a 20 foot power cord. How many times do you need that!!?? Good enough that I have just sold off two other amp - one tube and one solid state. My "34 - A22 has never sounded this good - Cheers - Ray
[img]

[/img]

Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2018 8:48 am    

Hey Ray,,,I'm still twisting knobs,,,have to try your settings,,,but I definitely like what I have so far,,,the weight is great!!!
Here is a pic of the way my amp is mounted on my pac seat. I also have the same type mounting so that it can be hung on my speaker cabinet, which is an Eminence TT-12. Thinking about eliminating the pac seat and just use the speaker cabinet to sit on,,,have a small bag for accessories from the pac seat.