The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Les Paul Junior ( Must See)
Orlando Colom

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2018 8:39 am    

This is one guitar that pains me to sell, but it has to go. Its as custom made as it gets, and sounds incredible, not to mention the stage presence. This one is not for the timid, as it has the biggest neck you will ever play.
Its huge, and I mean huge. 1 inch deep at the nut, and bigger as it goes down. If you don't like big necks , run the other way!
Let me start by saying, this is one of the finest guitars I, or anyone will ever play. The pics don't do it justice.
If Gibson were to make this for you, it would be in the 4 to 5k range. No cost was spared to build it. The body/ neck was custom spec made by Precision Builders in Canada, and was put together here in the USA by a local luthier, other than the custom finish. I have way more into it than the selling price. This is a pro built, top notch quality instrument that rivals anything made by Gibson. It does not say Gibson on the headstock by the way. Don't let the single pickup fool you. Work the tone control and picking attack volume, and you can cover a lot of ground.
Here are the specs.
1. Custom made Honduras Mahogany 1 piece Body and neck.
Total guitar is under 7.5 LBS. Killer tone too.

2 Long neck tenon like in the 50's.

3.Special order bound ebony finger board.( gives it a
bigger tonal spectrum than rosewood).

4.Stainless steel frets. They sound great and don't wear out on you.. (Dunlop 6100 size)

5.Lindy Fralin Noiseless P-90. 5% overwound. Lindy is a master pickup maker , and this one is quiet as a mouse and sounds incredible, clean to mean.

6. Mojotone wrap around tailpiece. The best, and compensated for great intonation.

7. Gotoh Vintage style locking tuners. Easy to string up and accurate.

8. Matched CTS 500k pots with a paper and oil .0047 cap.

9. Lastly, the incredible Sparkle finish by ROWYKO KUSTOMS. this finish alone is over $500 to get one done, and it smooth and deep looking as a glass mirror. Its a stunning looking guitar.

$1295.00 gets it shipped in a generic good case.
Whoever buys this guitar is going to be one happy , and lucky guy. Its that good!!!

Last edited by Orlando Colom on 15 Feb 2018 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2018 5:29 pm    

Hot damn O !! Whoa!

Orlando Colom

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2018 6:08 pm    

Chris
I guess I have a thing for sparkly guitars. This one has been my number one since I got it a long while back. Its a monster neck and tone wise. Its got a killer set up on it too, it plays like butter.
The Tele I made years back. I like Buck and Don and their bound glitter Tele's. You can tell I love single pup guitars too!

Last edited by Orlando Colom on 15 Feb 2018 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2018 6:01 am    

I think it's stunning too Orlando !

Orlando Colom

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 7:40 am    

A few interested guys, but still here for now. Yes the neck is big, but its comfortable, and set up impeccably.
This is a tone monster that wont disappoint.

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2018 10:36 pm     Custom guitar Gibson style

Orlando, this must be a keeper, lol Nick Koff out in Calif. is making custom pick guards for tele's. In his posting under amps, accessorys etc, it shows one with Don and Buck on it. Reduced picture should be able to be made to fit your Les Paul type guitar. Can you imagine that sparkle finish with Buck and Don Pick guard?? I will try to send you pic of pick guard I had him make me for Bob Carlucci's 150 barn beam tele.
Your friend CAA
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Orlando Colom

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2018 3:03 pm    

I guess no one like flashy guitars but me LOL.
Dont let the looks fool you, Its not just another pretty face, its a beast.