The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  new album featuring Weissenborn guitars
Stephen Houpt

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2018 2:26 pm    

I have a new, all-Weissenborn album with all original songs and instrumentals. When you get a chance, you should visit my website, www.stephenhoupt.com. On the first page you can see an image of me standing in front of White Rock Lake holding my Tony Francis Weissenborn. I play that guitar on five songs and an original 1927 Weissenborn on the other five. The new album is called White Rock Lake. Other sections include bio, calendar (with album release party info, it’s the gig on 3/17), audio (here you can listen to all of the new CD, even though it’s not actually available to buy until 2/16 at the earliest, also, if you click on the song title you will find comments about each track and lyrics, if any), and blog (a new post about the making of the album). Chirag Gokani plays the bass on six of the songs, and as you can hear, he is incredibly talented. He was a student in my physics classes for two years and was the bass player in the Blues Club Band at school. He has been enthusiastic about my music since the first album came out, and it was a real honor to play music with him on this project. Chirag is now majoring in physics at the University of Texas at Dallas and is in the McDermott honors program. Michelle Stroescu is my friend from church. She and I have performed together there on numerous occasions. I have always wanted to record with her. The poet Todd Jeffries wrote the lyrics for two of the songs. I wrote the music for all of the songs and the lyrics for four songs. I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know what you think.

Stephen Houpt

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2018 8:36 am    

Very, very nice, professor.

Your Tony Francis guitar is stunning, by the way.

Stephen Houpt

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2018 10:05 am    

Thanks!