The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Eleven Rack
Eddie Harper

Fairfield, Ohio
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2018 11:34 am    

Anyone using the Avid Eleven Rack Guitar Processor? Pro's and Con's. Thanks Eddie

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2018 5:00 am    

Neither a pro or a con. If you don't own an interface or a processor , it's PRO . If you own processors and interfaces , well, it's just another.

It is really nice, well configured , lots of optional IN's and nice processor effects. No issue there.

BUT,

I sold mine , never used it , didn't need it. To me it was just another interface which I didn't really want. It came with the Pro Tools 12 package I bought, PERP License. I paid around $500, I sold the Eleven Rack for $250 .

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Last edited by Tony Prior on 12 Feb 2018 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2018 5:24 am    

Bruce Bouton was using one a couple of years ago and even had some steel programs for it. I don't know if he still uses it. It must be on the "endangered" list since its being sold discounted to about half the original price on the Sweetwater site.

If you are looking for a recording interface unit and not just a guitar effects processor/interface, I would look elsewhere. If you have a recording interface unit, it may be a good addition (depending on your usage).

Jim Park

Carson City, Nv
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2018 8:07 am     Eleven Rack

I use one in my live rig, and have recorded through it also. Its got an input impedance selector that allows you to dial in your tone, and I got some really great sounding settings. In fact I have a User setting that I call 66 Emmons. It also has the ability to have a reverb and a delay setting at the same time. I like mine....

Tim Harr

Dunlap, Illinois
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2018 9:13 am    

I certainly do not get the impression that the ElevenRack is on the "endangered" list. Aid is just making it affordable to get their product out there and increase the user base of Pro Tools applications.

Mullen G2 D-10 (9p/5k)
Retired, US Army Band (Steel/Dobro/Guitar)
Kemper Profiler / LW 89

Godfrey Arthur

3rd Rock
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2018 5:01 am    

Tony Prior wrote:
It came with the Pro Tools 12 package I bought, PERP License. I paid around $500, I sold the Eleven Rack for $250

This is what happens with these, purchased only to get the PT software and then resold.

An issue with some of these 11 racks, one side of the stereo configuration goes out and no way to fix them so there is/was a series of these where that was a problem. You can tell by the serial numbers i think there was a blurb on this on the net.

Darren Porter

California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2018 9:25 am    

I know what really turned me off to them in the past was that you could not update them unless your Pro Tools software subscription was current. Didn't get one for that reason alone. Is this still the case?