The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey session 115
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2018 2:19 am    

Its a 500 watt rated amp using two cabs, 250 watts with one cab. The N112 is an 80 watt amp with 1 x 12. . Lets not go crazy here with the comparison.

The N112 comes in at around 42 pounds , this one states 50 pounds packed, whatever that may mean.

Appears to be a very nice offering.

https://peavey.com/products/index.cfm/item/1073/118860/

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Gordy Rex

Southport, NC
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2018 7:22 am    

Tony, little off topic but more info...

I put a PF350 in my 112, now she's a touch over 50 lbs .. but I like the speaker...

Randy Gilliam

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2018 7:40 pm     Session 115

I have used the new Peavey Session Amp 4 times and was amazed at the tone and plenty of horse power.This last weekend. I used my Evans Se 500 Extension Speaker Cabinet 4 ohlms and The sound of Stereo was amazing.Im 100 percent satisfied with the amp.Hope it's bullet proof like the Nashville 400 amps were!. RANDY Gilliam.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2018 5:55 am     Peavey Session 115

The Session 115's tone and digital effects surpasses any Peavey(or other brand) amp that I have heard. At 250 watts as a stand alone or by adding the 115N extension speaker(with additional 250 watts), it is the winner among steel amp models. Being around Peavey for the last 40 plus years, I know that the Session 115/115N extension speaker is the best sounding steel rig possible to date. Contact your Peavey dealer. Go to www.peavey.com, then PRODUCTS, INSTRUMENT AMPLIFIERS, then PEDAL STEEL AMPS to view all of the Peavey steel guitar products.

Or, call me toll free at 1-877-732-8391, ext.1180 if you want to talk steel.

Justin Mull

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2018 5:39 pm    

This is an old thread so I wanted to ask before wasting time.... Just purchased a sessions 115 and own and still have my Nashville 400 if anyone wants information and review/comparison let me know, my Nashville does have a few internal modifications but I can still give you a decent idea of difference im still dialing in the 115 as I type this.

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 1 Nov 2018 4:57 am     Comparisons

You input is valuable to every steel player. Thanks for the assistance.

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 1 Nov 2018 8:23 am     Demo of Session 115

Please provide feedback on what you think of this new model.

Justin Mull

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2018 2:33 am    

After spending some time adjusting and re adjusting I think I can give a fair comparison between the Nashville 400 and the New Peavy Sessions 115, comparing the overall sound is difficult, both are unique. I can’t say I “like” the sound of one over the other. The Sessions sounds different but in a fantastic way, the sound is much more full, the range and response is amazing, the lows are thundering low and the highs are bright as the heavens. This amp sounds good down low and turned up...and let me say when it’s turned up the amp out preformes my NV400 hands down

The eq’s seem to respond much better than the Nashville ever did. A touch of this or that and it’s good to go...the built in effects are a nice touch, one note on the effects, the “spring reverb” doesn’t need to be turned up far to match we’re a typical Nashville would need to be and when I turned it up to the level my Nashville is at I quickly took it down and is currently running around a 2. I added a hint of plate reverb with spring reverb and I can almost get the reverb sounding exactly like my NV400 so that’s kinda cool. The quick ability with the switch to boost the signal to get some distortion is nice too. Love the idea of having all of my effects on my amp no more carrying around boxes!!!!

I do have a few petty dislikes, I would like to have seen a headphone jack on this model and I would have loved to have a cover like my NV400 did. Also I would have liked to have seen a good starting EQ point for pedal steel like the nv400 did and the new Nashville 112 does, I ended up using the NV112 book as a starting point

Overall the Sessions 115 is a great amp definitely an amp to consider if looking to upgrade! I have practice tonight so we will see how it does in the mix with the rest of the band I’ll post how it goes!

Mike Brown

Post  Posted 2 Nov 2018 5:53 am     Session 115

Thank you for your feedback and support of our products. I agree, as a steel guitarist that the Session 115 is a great amplifier.

Unfortunately, we ceased manufacturing covers for Peavey products a few years ago, however we have had our customers to recommend Tuki Covers. You can locate them online.

A headphone output was a possibility in the design stages but we chose to "zero in" on high quality onboard effects. At any rate, thank you for your support.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2018 9:10 am    

Specific Tuki covers:

Session 115 Amp

http://www.tukicovers.com/amp-and-speaker-covers-bags/peavey/peavey-session-115-combo-amp-padded-cover/

Session 115 speaker cabinet:

http://www.tukicovers.com/amp-and-speaker-covers-bags/peavey/peavey-session-115-speaker-cabinet-padded-cover/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Roger Ray

Tulsa, OK
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2018 8:16 am    

I wonder how much difference there is between the Randolph Signature head and the Session 115? In other words, if you plugged the head into a 115 Peavey cabinet and set the levels identical to a session 115, how different would they sound?

Justin Mull

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2018 7:49 pm    

Thanks Greg for the link! Well practing with the Session 115 with other people went just as suspected, sounded perfect. I’m very pleased with the session 115, I think I can finally retire the NV400 Sad Very Happy

Louis Falardeau

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2018 7:11 am    

My only problem with the Session 115 is the AC cord sticks out too far in the back and needs to be removed before loading out, or it could be damaged.

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2020 10:53 am    

Any updates? Not much chatter about them anymore.

Bill Rowlett

Russellville, AR, USA
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2020 9:48 pm    

I really like mine. It's got a little more low end than my Nashville 400, sort of like the old Session 400, and a lot more volume than my Nashville 112.

Sometimes it's easier to get a tone that I like out of the Nashville 400, but I've been playing one for 40 years and my ears probably think that's how its supposed to sound. It takes more treble EQ to make the Session 115 sound right and the 3rd string still sounds like an anvil.

I take the Nashville 400 out for small stages in a loud club because of it's smaller footprint. The Nashville 112 just isn't loud enough for me.

I like the 115 onboard effects because I don't have to tote a separate box, although a simple DD-2 probably sounds better than either the onboard effects or my Lexicon rack. I wish that you could individually adjust the effects from the remote MIDI box, not just turn them all on and off. I have to get up and walk back to the amp to use the chorus for a song.

In my opinion, where the Session 115 really shines is using a 12" Black Widow 1203-4 as the second speaker. This sounds like a mega Nashville 112 with bass and is a really nice full Hi-fi sound. It's better sounding than any amp setup that I have ever used, including a MossValve 500. It's loud enough for any stage and I can blow the guitar player away if I have too.

The digital power amp blew while I had the 115 checked out from the music store before I had even played a set, so I don't know if it's as bullet proof as the 400. Peavey fixed it and Hi-pot tested it and it has worked fine ever since.

My biggest complaint is the chicken head knobs. They look nice, but every time I pull the amp out of the flight case, the knobs are all over the place and I have to reset them. I never had this problem on the Nashville 400, so I should probably just replace them with round knobs.

BTW, an old Lab Series 9 flight case will fit it.

I do think it is the best steel amp Peavey has ever made, which is a tribute to Mike Brown.

Hope this helps someone...

Bill

Bobby DeMoss

Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2020 12:15 pm     Session 115

I can tell you that my Zumsteel with Truetone pickups matched my Vegas 400 with the LeMay mods in it to perfection and was considered by many to be a Tone Monster.
I just purchased a 115 from Randy G. and I found the matching tone in no time. The thing has bass response out of this world so lows are not an issue. The highs are clear and bell chimey like an old bolt on but with an all pull. Just can't say enough good about the amp. You have to work with it to find the tone you want. Be advised it has a lot of tonal range so be subtle with your tweaks. Love the 115!

forrest klott

Grand Rapids Mi USA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2020 12:40 pm    

Bobby and Bill,

Can you please post your settings? I know settings are subjective but I’ve really been struggling to find them with mine.

Thanks in advance,

Skeeter