The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  2nd Steel Guitar Cruise - WOW what a blast
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2018 6:57 am    

We just returned from the 2nd Annual Steel Guitar Cruise.
Here is a view from our cabin on Sunday night. Whew!

The show was set in a small club environment and the acoustics were great.

Every player did a super job.

We had a day in Cozumel with a fun filled excursion. Especially the Tequila Tour (yum)

One of our players in particular that we all think is very subdued, came out of his shell on Saturday night with my wife, in the Formal restaurant.

So Linda thanks you Buck Reid for being brave enough to dance (I don't).

For those of you that were with us, thank you for all the great comments and for just being there.

For those that did not make it, I sure hope you will consider joining us if we are able to do it again in 2019.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2018 8:28 am    

We had such a blast on the cruise! My thanks to Jimmy & Melanie Hodge, Bill & Linda Ferguson, Bill & Audra Cunningham, Steve Geis, Jacki Hardy and all the other fine folks who worked hard to pull this together and make it such a smooth operation.

It was an honor to be invited to participate. The players were all outstanding and I got to hear several that I'd never met or heard before. And it was a real treat to get to play with Bob Strickland on guitar, Jim Hartley on drums and Bill Cunningham on bass.

I hope the cruise will continue each year. If it does, y'all should definitely try to attend! Smile

Jane and I brought back many new friendships from this trip. I hope everyone made it home safely.

Jimbeaux

Linda Ferguson, Donna Dodd, my wife, Jane Hulting

Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2018 2:47 pm    

What a great time we had! Music, visiting with old friends, and making new ones from all corners of the US. AND some time on the ground in Cozumel. Thanks so much to Jimmy, Mel, Steve, and Bill F for their labor in putting it together. Count Audra and I (and my mom and aunt, they had a blast!) in for next time!!

My aunt loves music and the only steel show she has been to was last year's cruise. Mid afternoon the first day I asked if she was having a good time and she said "Yes! I could just sit here until I die!" I guess we have a new permanent participant.

BC

Dan Rollans

Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2018 6:03 pm     Steelers Choice

Wow, looks like all had a great time. I would love to make the next cruise. Who was the lucky winner on the Steelers Choice Easy Rider seat?
Than you Bill.