The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Please close 1975 SPEEDY WEST Custom S10 Marlen
Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2018 5:27 pm    

I am sadly now selling my newly aquired Speedy West Custom S10.
3/3 WITH 3/2 CHANGER (ahead of their time), included is extra knee lever, believe rods are already in place to make it a 3 pedal/ 4 knee lever lever steel.
Appears to no longer have clear coat. Paint was bad on cars back then also, but color is strong as pictures show. $1975 Firm + buyer pays shipping. Fedex fragile ground. This was to be my gig steel but other instrument calls,lol. CAA
BLONDE AND RED Whoa! Whoa! Very Happy, Requestors finances broke down (wife,lol). Off market. Please close. CAA
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Last edited by Art Beard on 26 Feb 2018 7:01 am; edited 6 times in total

Art Beard

Post  Posted 15 Feb 2018 6:48 pm     1975 Speedy West Custom S10 (Marlen)

The s/n is #98, i believe, with the pull/release mechanism similar to Emmons p/p they say. My 1972 Sho-Bud has 1/1 changer, while this 1975 Speedy West has a 3/2
Changer. CAA
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 5:23 am     Re: 1975 Speedy West Custom S10 (Marlen)

Art Beard wrote:
...... but color is strong as pictures show.....

Pictures are not showing up.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 5:29 am     1975 Speedy West S10

Pictures to be posted this morning. Thanks for looking and look again this afternoon when Mark Shuda has had time to add them to post PLEASE..THANKS AGAIN CAA

Mark Shuda

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 7:32 am    

Jack Goodson

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 7:42 am     Nice

I would love to own that guitar, but just to let you know, it is a pull/release changer not a 3/2 changer. I owned a double neck many years ago and if they are are set up right you cannot beat them....thanks jack

David Weisenthal

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 10:16 am    

Best looking guitar I've ever seen! Are most of these old Marlens all wood...I mean without laminate covering?

Art Beard

Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 3:06 pm     1975 Speedy West S10

Wish I knew more about them. I had not had long when another steel took hold of me, got lock jaw and I am buying it. Something must go, Only so much room in a 5th wheel. House folks are lucky they can use whole rooms for music, but in under 400 sq ft that moves, u are limited, lol
Tryinmg to pry lawyers teeth out of my rear to reduce the giant sucking sound I hear.
CAA

Art Beard

Post  Posted 17 Feb 2018 8:49 am     Speedy West S10 #98

Being the serial # is 98, I believe that this is one of the last Speedy West models built. kinda rare, with a 3/2 changer, pull/release in 1975. Ahead of the time I think. The beauty you can see. Truely hope this is the last to sell of my steel, but I need the CASH. Odds of finding another like tgis in this condition, is slim. PLEASE PHONE ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
CAA

Art Beard

Post  Posted 19 Feb 2018 11:11 am     Speedy West S10 #98

I stand correct, thanks. I truely didn't and still don't know the changer in the advanced for it's time steel, lol.
While still selling it, it is strange to hope that it doesn't sell, lol. Going to try to swell some various 6 string instruments locally and a Single Action Shooters, 1873 remake of the Colt .45 in stainless with holster here locally to get the money I need. The .45 is modified at the factory, Cimmaron, by " EVIL ROY" TO BE A TRUE GUNSLINGER GUN. Extreme hair trigger, bordering on dangerous to the average shooter. Thanks for looking, contact me with any and all questions and I will answer asap. poor wifi here, lol again I said, about wifi, lol
CAA

Art Beard

Post  Posted 20 Feb 2018 12:14 pm     Speedy West custom

I would consider a Sho-Bud round front Professional or early Pro 2 in trade plus a little cash.
CAA

Art Beard

Post  Posted 23 Feb 2018 4:03 pm     1975 Speedy West S10

Very Happy This has to be the deal of the Day out there. You get the light S10 body done in Lauquer, with the modern Pull release that was ahead of it time. Everyone I have read or spoken loved their Marlen steel guitars. The Speedy West model was NOT Available for very long. I believe this was near the end of the run. Approx.. 100 steels made.! ! ! now that makes it rare.
Wish I could keep it.
CAA

Art Beard

Post  Posted 24 Feb 2018 4:47 pm     Speedy West S10 #98

Those that are truely thinking about buying this steel, as my heart and mind are telling me not to sell it. A fine,
easy to play, stable, inovative,, rare steel guitar at a lower than what it should be price. This is a $2500.00 steel guitar.
CAA

Art Beard

Post  Posted 24 Feb 2018 7:36 pm     Speedy West S10 #98

Whoa! After a lot of thought, I have decided that if Speedy doesn't sell by the 26th of Feb, that I will pull from market. I feel this is a rare, grand steel that has been overlooked for many years, except for those that were lucky enough to have one. Many regret selling theirs and I don't want to join that group. But since I offered it for sale, I will wait for a couple days before I take it off the market. Crying or Very sad CAA

Stuart Sawney

High Wycomb, Bucks, United Kingdom
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 4:09 am     ' Speedy West ' model whats different ??

Hi there, I have a Marlen SD10 3+4 bought off the forum years ago. I believe it to be 1976. It looks very similar to this steel both the changer, underneath and wooden finish though mine is a deep green colour. Anyone know what differences there are ? Mine has a George L E66 pickup. All else seems very similar. Thanks. STU

Art Beard

Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 4:29 am     Speedy West S10 #98

Stuart, I don't know, tho I would like to know if there are any special things that Speedy had done to his version of the Marlen. The clear coat appears gone on mine, but paint were bad for eveything in the 70's, lol Polished off, cracked off, I do not know. Started post for Marlen and Speedy West steel guitars. Hope to get answers there
CAA

Stuart Sawney

High Wycomb, Bucks, United Kingdom
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 4:37 am    

Thanks Art, Mine obviously does not have the contrasting blonde / red timber finish. It is the same green all over with the diamond strip inlay. Your guitar is lovely. If you can afford to keep it you should.... It ' won't eat anything ' as they used to say in the vintage guitar market. best of luck. Stu

Art Beard

Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 5:58 pm     Speedy West S10 #98

Whoa! Well its almost 7 p.m. Arizona and the inquires I have had are in the same shape as me. BROKE.! !
So to avoid regret of selling this, it is now off the market. Very Happy I will raise the money another way. even sell the gunslinger SS SASS shooter factory modified "Evil Roy"
six shooter
Thanks for looking.
CAA

b0b PLEASE CLOSE

Art Beard

Post  Posted 26 Feb 2018 1:08 am     Speedy West S10 #98

Will remain on the market til 3-15-18 by request. Thanks CAA

Art Beard

Post  Posted 26 Feb 2018 1:08 am     Speedy West S10 #98

Will remain on the market til 3-15-18 by request. Thanks CAA