The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fabulously STUPENDOUS Two Tone Professional
Gary Thorsen

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2018 10:13 am    

This Sho Bud sounds better than ANY black guitar I ever heard. I hate to sell it but recently bought a very expensive guitar and need to pay off the loan. Though it has the trademark bar dings from a previous owner who dumped his bar between the necks it's still a gorgeous guitar. The case is like no Sho Bud case I have ever seen before, narrow with a pedal-bar tray and about as pristine as it gets for a 50 year old guitar case. Here's a clip of me playing live. Price is $2400 plus Fed Ex freight and packaging, which includes insurance. If interested please email me at gthor2005@yahoo and I will send a pile of detailed pics. thnx, Gary

Last edited by Gary Thorsen on 2 Feb 2018 10:28 pm; edited 3 times in total

Abe Levy

California, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2018 2:02 pm    

Cool guitar. Are you selling it? How much? Got pics of underside?
Thanks

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2018 3:55 pm     1 Great Sho-Bud

Gary, if my finances were not a mess from Ex(38 yr marriage)
had not stolen 81k over 10 yrs. This would be set up in the Cattlerest RV Park and Saloon, in Wilcox for me to start to play again. A classic beauty with the Famous "tone to the Bone". Are U sure U want to sell it?? One of the best ever built. CAA
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Ben Elder

La Crescenta, California, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2018 4:43 pm    

I have its twin (s/n 1096 from 1971) and it is all that.

Gary Thorsen

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2018 5:15 pm     Sho Bub

You are right Ben and Abe. This particular vintage has some unique pickups - killer tone! And Abe, sorry to hear about your bad luck! I seem to have better luck with woman and guitars!! I do NOT want to sell it but just spent a big pile of Momma's money buying John Hughey's JCH sooo it's time to pay her back. I do have one more old Sho Bud that I am keeping - it's tough parting with guitars when you LOVE them!! But I love this lovely gal too and plan to keep her! We do a tribute to Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty, no I don't sing like Conway!! Nobody does.
I TRY to play like John though nobody ever will! I had to make a deal, sell two steels and play this guitar on the second half of the show. Now if I could just find one of Hal's Sho Buds for the first half.....

Last edited by Gary Thorsen on 1 Feb 2018 5:44 pm; edited 3 times in total

Gary Thorsen

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2018 5:32 pm     Jch

Sorry, the JCH is definitely NOT for sale!! I think it's going to the Country Music Hall of Fame when I'm gone. After the records John made with it (Lost in the Feeling) that's where it belongs.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 1 Feb 2018 6:12 pm     Sho-bud

Your a lucky man! I am now trying to contact my 1 and only true love.OTSD lead her to break our
Engagement in 67 and ask i stay away. 50 yrs is long enough. Hoping 4 good luck now. Have to go to San Jose, Ca. To find her.
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 1 Feb 2018 6:16 pm     Sho-bud

I hated to sell my Ray Walker custom, but finances made me. Still have Sho-Bud amp found in Jimmy Day's bedroom closet when he died. And got a Sho-Bud S10 6139 waiting 4 Ricky Davis to add knees too.

Gary Thorsen

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2018 6:33 pm     Luck and Sho Buds

Good luck Art!!

Art Beard

Post  Posted 3 Feb 2018 1:17 am     Professional

Gary, send me the pics, while I figure what I can sell to
buy this beauty. Truely Crazy Arizona Art - CAA