The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MCI or EMCI parts
Bill C. Buntin

Post  Posted 28 Jan 2018 6:47 am    

Looking for parts, hardware, project guitars, welded frames, necks, changers. Guitars in non working condition etc.

Thanks

~Bill~

David Mitchell

Tyler, Texas
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2018 10:27 pm    

I have a couple of EMCI welded frames. An SD-12 and D-10.
The D-10 has the correct EMCI butcher block boards. You'll need to make a top for the SD-12 frame. I have various EMCI adjustable bellcranks and the Polished EMCI necks with changer housings. The frames need the scratches buffed out. The D-10 frame was anodized red like a GFI. I've sanded most of it back down to the raw aluminum frame. I bought a $100.00 worth of ball bearing inserts for the cross shafts at 5 dollars each. If I sold anything I would want to sell it all. Breaking it up would kill the build of the guitar since these parts are getting rare. Take $800.00 for everything and I can send pics if interested. I built one other up and Junior Knight bought it. I do not have knee levers, legs, key heads or changer fingers for sale. Here is a video I made a while back of some of the parts. I have too many irons in the fire to build steel guitars right now. Remodeling my house. Guitars are on the back burners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X001-owdZY

Bill C. Buntin

Post  Posted 31 Jan 2018 3:05 pm    

David, I'll get with you on this. Sounds like I could take your stuff, build a d10 for myself then an SD10 to sell maybe. I'll get back with you. Thanks for posting this.
~Bill~

David Mitchell

Tyler, Texas
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2018 5:34 pm    

Sure thing. Haven't even thought about selling it so it's not going anywhere soon. Just let me know when and I'll show you what all I have. I got lots of steel guitar parts.