The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pedal Board Solutions?
John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2018 7:28 pm    

I've been using a Pedaltrain Nano with 5 pedals, in combo with my Stereo Steel and TC Electronic M-One XL. The small board lays nicely on the open lid juryrigged to stay open at a useful angle.

I'm adding more effects and hope to make the same idea work with a larger board, this time with a Trutone 1-spot CS 12 power supply to run all the gear.

I'll try to post pix of both systems.

Anyone know of a commercially available looping system I could clamp to my steel's leg, like Julian Goldwhite's homemade solution? I'm no good at wiring and soldering!

George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2018 9:04 pm    

Great looking pedals and boards guys....real eye candy. For a few of you fella's that turn on & off your pedals by hand, you might try something like these button pads. If my eye sight continues to git worse, i may install them on my small travel board, to help find the button easier. Just a suggestion.

https://barefootbuttons.com

David Hodan

Denton, Texas; USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2018 3:07 pm     rack effects

I use a tc Electronics G-Major 2 for effects and control it with a MIDI setup from a
laptop I keep in a highly modified Pak-Seat. The laptop has a touch sensitive display
but I attach a small trackpad to the steel for control and usually change patches with
that or a sequencer. I've been experimenting with patch parameter automation, such as
adjusting delay automatically according to tempo. I can use a large external monitor for
charts and other stuff. The newest laptop is Thunderbolt, and there is a hub in the seat,
so only one small cable get's connected to the laptop.

I basically have a complete 4 channel recording studio in this pak-seat that provides a huge
amount of flexibility. I can record with and without effects, even at the same time. Using a few
tools, I can turn my Steel into a MIDI Controller and change patches with particular notes
or "play" any Synth (hard or soft-ware) with the steel.

The laptop is a 2in1 that can be used in tablet mode. I use BiaB, Cubase and Ardour. The top of the
Pak-Seat is 1/4" Plexiglass and you can still sit on it. I'd post the way I have things hooked up and
more about the tools I use if anyone is interested.

Here is a Sax Sound with this setup...
I apologize for the poor Cell Phone Audio/Video
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VPIH5xNRdE2acJ8YRbJwMXtKdxAL9MyB

John M. I use a looper in my setup too. It gives my right foot something to do once in a while.
It's a Boss RC-3 (2+hours) with external FC-7. That allows for up/down selection and tap tempo
next to the Vol pedal.

Maleek Evans

Nashville TN, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2018 8:42 pm    

I made this pedal board with a clamp off of a drum tray. Its very handy.

Last edited by Maleek Evans on 13 Jun 2019 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Barry Coker

Bagley Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2018 4:38 am    

This is my take on easy access to pedals 200 watt ELF, Wet Reverb and DD3. I used some scrap Lexan and mounted it to an "L" bracket with a little clamp similar to a Peterson leg mount. I put a 12" Neo Mag. speaker in a 14"x14"x10" light pine cab. whole setup is between 18-20 lbs. Above all the sound is "GREAT"!!