The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Central PA Steel Guitar Show Sat March 10 - Pics added
Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2018 12:57 pm    

We'd like to invite y'all to come to the first annual Central PA Steel Guitar Show
Saturday March 10 from 1-8pm. Details here:

Belleville is in the heart of central PA Amish country, about an hour northwest of Harrisburg
and a half hour from State College and Huntingdon.

If you'd like to play, please contact Jim Wilson and Shelby Nestler either via email, facebook, or phone:

email: makeminecountryband@yahoo.com
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/makeminecountryband
phone: 717-592-8832

or

contact me or Jim Thompson via forum email or private message.

Dave

Last edited by Dave Mudgett on 20 Mar 2018 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dave Mudgett

Post  Posted 30 Jan 2018 9:13 am    

Time to bump it up. Yes, we know it's the weekend of the Texas show. A result of schedule conflicts and venue logistics, pure and simple.

Dave Mudgett

Post  Posted 9 Mar 2018 7:46 am    

Lineup for tomorrow - I think this is the order:
    Make Mine Country Band with Shelby Nestler - Jim Wilson on steel

Carl Houtz

The Delverados and friends - Dave Mudgett on steel

Steve Porter

Chuck Campbell

Russ Hicks

Jim Thompson

We should also have some time to relax and jam.

So if you're up here in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic and can't make it to Texas, we'll be steelin' in Belleville, PA.

Dave Mudgett

Post  Posted 20 Mar 2018 12:54 pm    

The early March Central PA weather cooperated just long enough to get the show in and we had a good time. I waited until I got pics to post again:

Jim Wilson with Shelby Nestler singin'

Carl Houtz and Dave Mudgett getting ready

Dave Mudgett with the Delverados plus Jerry Watson singin' a few

Steve Porter

Chuck Campbell

Russ Hicks

Jim Thompson

Jam at end of show

House Band - Pat Aumiller on guitar, Curt Nealman on bass & acoustic guitar, Jody Shover on drums

We owe profuse thanks to Shelby Nestler and the Make Mine Country Band for putting this all together, and also for the pictures. There are more on the Make Mine Country facebook page.

Carl Houtz

Central Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2018 10:48 am     Had a fun time

I want to thank Shelby and all the great players at the 1st steel guitar show in Belleville PA. Thanks for a great time. GREAT PICTURES.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2018 11:04 am    

It was good to see Chuck Campbell and Russ Hicks there at your Pa. Steel Guitar Show. I will be checking out the location Anna and I may decide to take a run down for one of your shows. Keep it Country and keep the Steel alive. We have two Steel Guitar Organizations here in little Rhode Island. R.I.S.G.A. has a new Home in Tiverton R.I.at the V.F.W. and we have meetings and pot luck every three months.We have the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association and the New England Steel Guitar Association that Anna and I chartered here in Rhode Island. R.I.S.G.A is head quarters is Tiverton R.I.on Shove St.at the V.F.W. and N.E.S.G.A. head Quarters is in the East Greenwich R.I. the American Legion Post 15 in East Greenwich R.I. We have Steel shows twice a month at East Greenwich post 15.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Dave Mudgett

Post  Posted 1 Apr 2018 6:37 pm    

Sam, we'd love to see you and others come out to Central PA. Shelby did most of the legwork on this one, I'll try to help her more next time, and definitely be more on top of getting the word out.

This was the first steel guitar show I've ever even been to. I'm mostly a "band guy", but I had a great time, and it got me playing more again. You know, life has been getting in the way the last several years.

I'm from Mass (Boston/Amherst) originally, but been at Penn State the last 30 years. One of these days, I need to spend some more time up there, and hopefully can get down to one of your shows in RI.