The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Various Instruments.
Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2018 8:59 pm    

I’m not a dealer, just someone who has more instruments than I need, and I want to make them available to my Steel Guitar buddies before I offer them for sale elsewhere. I’m not out to make an enormous killing, just to get a reasonable price, but giving the stuff away at next-to-nothing would defeat the object. As I said, I just want a reasonable price. I rarely sell anything. Most of the time I would rather just give things away to my friends, so I’m not a good haggler. I have little idea how much these items are worth, so I’ll start off by offering them as is for you to make offers on. But the idea is to raise money, so I’ll keep them if the offers are too low. Make me an offer. No reasonable offer refused.

SHIPPING WILL BE CHARGED AT ACTUAL COST. I'M JUST OUT TO RECOVER THE COST OF IT.

[6] Carlos Jumbo.

[7] Washburn Camp Rock Special. (Don’t laugh. Teenage girls love it.)

[8] Epiphone Classical Guitar.

[9] Fender-Squier Solid.

[11] Piano Accordion. (Add some Cajun.)

[12] Fender Squier with Internal Amplifier and Speaker. (Take an electric guitar on a camping trip. No external amplifier needed. Of course, it also has an output for a regular amplifier when you get back to civilization.)

[17] Yamaha 12-String Guitar FG411C. (This has a repaired broken neck.)

Last edited by Alan Brookes on 6 Jun 2018 5:20 pm; edited 9 times in total

Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2018 9:23 pm    

There are some nice guitars listed here...like that Delta King. I don't see why there aren't any offers being made.

Come on folks, surely you, or someone you know, would like to have one of these axes. Think about it.

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2018 8:39 pm     Guitars,

If you could get me model #s i will try to look up values for you. CAA
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 24 Jan 2018 8:43 pm     Yamaha 12 string

Yamaha FG 411C (E)- 12. Excellent - 300-350. Average -175-225
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 24 Jan 2018 9:15 pm     Guitars, various

My above values are from a 2014 price guide, and are in no means to set an absolute value on each individual guitar. Dang sound like a lawyer there. Scares me, lol

Alan Brookes

Post  Posted 25 Jan 2018 11:26 am    

Thanks Art, that would be useful. I'll make up a list.

Don Griffiths

Steelville, MO
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2018 3:41 pm    

Hey Alan, does that Ibanez acoustic have a laminated or solid top?

Alan Brookes

Post  Posted 3 Feb 2018 5:51 pm    

It looks to me like it's laminated.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2018 10:27 pm     Ovation + 12-String Bass

Howdy!

What's the model # (and year) on the Ovation 12-string?

Thanks!
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Alan Brookes

Post  Posted 4 Feb 2018 5:07 pm     Re: Ovation + 12-String Bass

Mark Helm wrote:
What's the model # (and year) on the Ovation 12-string?

I don't know. There's nothing on the label inside. But I got it out of its case and started to play it and realised how fond I am of it, so I'm withdrawing it from the sale. Sorry to mess you around.

Paul Arntson

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2018 9:41 pm    

Hi Alan. How much is shipping on the Epiphone classical to zip code 99166?

Alan Brookes

Post  Posted 5 Feb 2018 10:37 am    

Paul Arntson wrote:
Hi Alan. How much is shipping on the Epiphone classical to zip code 99166?

I would imagine about $50.

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2018 11:17 am    

Alan
Does the Ventura have a wider than average neck? That’s what I’m currently looking for.
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Alan Brookes

Post  Posted 10 Feb 2018 3:24 pm    

Patrick Huey wrote:
Alan
Does the Ventura have a wider than average neck? That’s what I’m currently looking for.

Yes, all 12-strings have wider necks than 6-strings. That's why I like playing them: I have big hands.

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2018 5:47 pm    

That’s what I’m looking for. I have big hands as well as arthritis lol.
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Art Beard

Post  Posted 11 Feb 2018 10:08 am     Tennesse 12 string bass

Alan, call me and we will complete the deal in the Tennessee 12 string. CAA

Art Beard

Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 4:38 am     Various guitars vs several instruments

Alan, you are so good to deal with that I am back already, lol I do still have an interest in the Fender squire with built in amp and more importantly the Washburn Oscar Schmidt archtop Delta Blues guitat. If some of my new listing sell and I have funde left from other steel purchase and lawyer, lol... Maybe we can deal. what are the price on these 2
Your friend
CAA Laughing Laughing

Alan Brookes

Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 10:44 am     Re: Various guitars vs several instruments

Art Beard wrote:
Alan, you are so good to deal with that I am back already, lol I do still have an interest in the Fender squire with built in amp and more importantly the Washburn Oscar Schmidt archtop Delta Blues guitat. If some of my new listing sell and I have funde left from other steel purchase and lawyer, lol... Maybe we can deal. what are the price on these 2
Your friend
CAA Laughing Laughing

I've sent you a message, Art.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 4:08 pm     Various guitars

Alan, if I find a way to get the
Washburn Delta King you will be first to know
Thanks friend. You should post prices so all can see how reasonable U R. CAA

Art Beard

Post  Posted 23 Feb 2018 10:35 pm     Tennessee 12 bass

Alan old buddy, could you sent me picture of the "TENNESSEE 12 STRING BASS THAT IS IN SHIPPING. I"LL drool over it that way, lol
Thanks CAA. Great guy to deal with ! !

Joe Breeden

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2018 7:27 pm    

Alan how much for the Oscar Smith arch top? Thanks Joe

Alan Brookes

Post  Posted 4 Jun 2018 9:07 am    

Joe Breeden wrote:
Alan how much for the Oscar Smith arch top? Thanks Joe

I've sent you a p.m.

Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA