The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic: ʉ۪72 Sho Bud 12 ext. E9 - $1500.00 - SOLD!
Donald Paden

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2018 1:27 pm    

An early 12 string Sho Bud for sale. The guitar has 4 knees and 3 floor pedals. It has the 2 raise, one lower changer system that is one of Sho Bud’s best sounding versions. It has the nylon tuning nuts. The changer was completely gone through and cleaned , and new parts needed for the E9 were made by the master machinist John Coop - “Mr. Sho Bud”. It would be easy to add pedals.

A previous owner attempted to refinish the original body and sanded through some of the inlay, and the decicion was made to make a new body from lacewood, a dense tropical hardwood. The original maple body is still around and the inspection sticker is attached signed by PF - Paul Franklin senior. The guitar is in beautiful, like new condition and plays great with sweet tone.

It has been fitted into a tenor sax case so it is a lighter and smaller package than most guitars and would make a great 12 string for someone looking to try Ext. E9 or, like me, trying to lighten the load a little bit.

Don Paden (Colorado)
donpdn@gmail.com
(970) 286-8315

Last edited by Donald Paden on 11 Jan 2018 2:25 pm; edited 5 times in total

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2018 2:03 am     Sho-Bud 12

Could you post pics of original body?? This is a BEAUTIFUL steel as it is tho. Thanks CAA
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Donald Paden

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2018 5:14 pm    

Sure, I'll post pictures of the original body... possibly tomorrow.

Shane Turner

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2018 12:45 pm    

Is this a universal?

John Russell

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2018 1:03 pm    

Nice S12.

I'm curious about the case. I have a couple of S12 guitars and would like to find an SKB case like that. Did you have to take out the padding that fit the saxophone? And could you tell me the exact dimensions on the inside?

Donald Paden

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2018 1:30 pm    

Shane, it is not universal. It is Extended E9.

Donald Paden

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2018 1:35 pm    

John, I will send the dimensions and inside photos, too. Yes, the original padding and support was removed by someone else and replaced with stiff foam and covered with a fuzzy fabric. It may be a daay or two, but I will do it.

Steven Meyrich

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2018 1:46 pm    

Email sent, thanks.

Steve

John Russell

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2018 2:03 pm    

Thanks. I'm to the point of having to make my own case. I have an older Sierra S12U guitar that's about 35" X 14" X 6", it's original case is large and heavy. So is the guitar. I'm currently moving this guitar in a modified keyboard gig bag. The pedal rack and rods travel separately. A light rigid case for the guitar would be great.

John Russell

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2018 2:38 pm    

I didn't mention that I've done a pretty extensive search online for keyboard or other cases that fit this guitar. This particular Sierra guitar hasn't been made in years. I've looked at SKB, Gator, etc and none fit.

Donald Paden

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2018 2:24 pm    

To John and others interested in the SKM tenor sax case:

I'm really sorry I sent this steel and original body off to one of our Canadian forum members, and in my haste, forgot to take measurements and photos of the interior of the modified SKM sax case.

I will ask the buyer to send me photos and interior measurements. I am also in the process of writing a description of how the work was done on the case for a good fit and nice appearance.

If any of you want the photos, interior measurements, and my description of how it was done, contact me at my own email since this ad will likely be deleted. (The buyer won't have this shipment for a week.) donpdn@gmail.com