The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The Paul Franklin Method, Incredible!
John Spaulding

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2018 4:19 pm    

Hi Sonny-

Paul's TAB of the Harmonized Scale was added to several of the Harmonized Scale videos on January 17th.

Enrolled students who joined The Paul Franklin Method Facebook Group (invites were sent via e-mail) will see an exclusive preview of "Backing A Singer: An Introduction" at 8:00 CST tonight.

When you Log In and see the page below, you will see the What's New notices that list the new content that has recently been added.

Thanks!

[img]
[/img]

Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2018 7:02 am    

Well, I guess I missed the "exclusive preview",,,maybe it would have helped to have known about it before the fact. I'm not much on facebook participation. Will the more extensive version of "backing a singer be presented on "The Paul Franklin Method" website, which is the format that that we all signed up for?

PS,,,just now logged into facebook and viewed the little 1 minute clip,,,was that the same as the "exclusive preview" that was shown last night (that I missed)?

John Spaulding

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2018 7:15 am    

We can't surprise anyone with sneak peeks if we notify them before the fact!Smile

The Facebook Group got to see the preview last night, the regular Facebook page will see it on Sunday night.

The Facebook Group is where we are interacting with our students about Paul Franklin Method topics. It's the best solution we currently have for creating a place for enrollees to hang out and discuss the Course, make suggestions, etc.

On occasion, the Facebook Group will get teaser clips of full lessons that will appear on the site in the future.

Hope that clears things up.

Thanks,

John

John Spaulding

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2018 7:33 am    

And to be clear, we are maintaining TWO Facebook Groups. One for everyone, and a second one just for enrolled students of the Method. No one is excluded - as long as you have a Facebook account of your own, of course.

As should make sense, the student FB page will sometimes see things before the 'open' FB page does.

Thanks!

Sonny Jenkins

Post  Posted 26 Jan 2018 8:03 am    

Clear,,hummm,,I guess?? So, I logged in this morning from the email post I rec'd from you,,,,so, did I log into the "group" page,,or the "regular" page.

If there is no notification,,,how does one "know" to tune in,,,,sounds like catch 22???

There are some of us,,,well at least one,,that are not well versed in facebook,,,personally I've tried to avoid it as much as possible due to some HUGE security issues in the past.

Will the "Full Monte" still be available to all enrollees on the PFM website,,,in other words, are we going to miss any of the course itself by not participating on facebook?

Jason Lynch

Essex, United Kingdom
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2018 8:43 am    

John, I love the Facebook page. its a nice touch to be able to communicate with someone in real time.

Last edited by Jason Lynch on 26 Jan 2018 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Jeremy Moyers

Lubbock, TX
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2018 8:56 am    

I agree, the Facebook page is a great addition and cool "forum" to have discussions, Q&A's, etc on what we are studying. I've been blown away by the content of the lessons and the communication from the Paul Franklin Method team!

John Spaulding

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2018 9:31 am    

Quote:
Will the "Full Monte" still be available to all enrollees on the PFM website,,,in other words, are we going to miss any of the course itself by not participating on facebook?

Yes, enrollees will always get full versions of all of the Lessons.

No, enrollees will not miss any of the Course by not participating on The Paul Franklin Facebook Group.

Thanks!

John

Sonny Jenkins

Post  Posted 26 Jan 2018 9:37 am    

Thanks John,,,I fully realize that some (or probably most) are inclined toward social media,,for sure we live a a social media world, the validation of like and dislike. I will probably try to participate in FB more,,,been several years so it will take some getting used to.

When do we anticipate the "Backing a Singer" lessons to start appearing on the website?

John Spaulding

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2018 10:02 am    

We'd be glad to have your input on the Group. It's a private, invite-only Group, so there isn't much room for disruptions, just discussions!

The "Backing A Singer" Lessons will be rolled out as they are completed. It's the biggest subject to tackle, and will likely be the on-going main focus of the Course, since it is the key thing pedal steel guitarists are required to do.

We will take our time rolling it out so that each section can be absorbed and applied with success before moving on to deeper study. Some of it will be philosophical, some will be Theory, some will be technical, all will be Musical.

Paul suggests getting ready for it by really memorizing and internalizing the Harmonized Scale lessons, they are the foundation. "Backing A Singer" lessons will be the real-world application of the concepts learned in those and all previous lessons.

Thanks,

John

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2018 4:36 am    

Am I to understand from Paul's post a page or so back, that the "Franklin pedal" is better positioned as the 4th pedal? I ask because mine is on the zero pedal right now.
I haven't gotten to sign up just yet, but I fully.intend on it. There are so many pros to this course I can't name them all, but the fact you can't study as slow or fast as your need, on YOUR TIME TABLE, anytime of the day or night is a huge plus! Paul, thanks again for tackling this venture brother!

Jason Lynch

Essex, United Kingdom
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2018 4:49 am    

Actually, during the course he said that if he were fitting one now, he'd put it in the zero position. He just can't be bothered to change all his guitars over!

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2018 9:02 am    

I don't have that change but, just out of interest, is it used in conjunction with another pedal? I wonder why 'zero' might be preferable to 4th pedal.

Jason Lynch

Essex, United Kingdom
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2018 9:21 am    

I think, because he often comes off the A pedal then uses the franklin. It's just quicker if it's next door!

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2018 10:07 am    

That must be it.

Sorry - I've just realised that I've diverted this thread. It's not about pedals, it's about Paul's new course.

Embarassed