The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Digitech RP 360-SOLD
Jon Jaffe

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2017 8:29 am    

Digitech RP 360 price includes shipping. CONUS ONLY PayPal FOF only. Shipped priority mail. Private messages and email welcome.
Help with PayPal available. I prefer the forum, but here is the Reverb listing:

https://rvrb.io/rp360-xvubcf

Digitech RP 360. Mint. Power supply included. Original packaging. $100

Last edited by Jon Jaffe on 28 Jun 2018 9:50 am; edited 6 times in total

Dennis Brown

Gowen, Mi. USA
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2017 11:41 am     Rv3

I'll take the RV3
Email me your PayPal addy.

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2017 11:43 am    

Jon, I'll take the B9, thanks. Will send a followup email to you for payment and shipping details! Did it sound good with your PSG?

Jon Jaffe

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2017 11:54 am    

It was pretty good. It had to be placed before the volume pedal, or with a constant signal from the volume pedal. Excellent organ sounds, and minimal learning curve.

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2017 12:01 pm    

Jon, I'm traveling and not receiving emails at my johnnypez@earthlink.net inbox. You can best reach me with texts at 310-480-0717. Merry Christmas, brother!

Jon Jaffe

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2018 4:23 pm    

New Year Bump

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2018 5:43 pm    

Jon, I got the B9, haven't tried it quite yet, but will tomorrow, looking forward to becoming the Jimmy Smith of pedal steel! Very Happy Great boxing and shipping, thanks.

John

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2018 8:42 pm    

John McClung wrote:
Jon, I got the B9, haven't tried it quite yet, but will tomorrow, looking forward to becoming the Jimmy Smith of pedal steel! Very Happy Great boxing and shipping, thanks.

John

I have a B9 and use it a lot with Alvin Crow's band, since in addition to C&W, we also play 60's TX r&b, Sir Douglas Quintet, etc. variety. Sometimes half the night.

It's got a great organ sound for Farfisa, Wurlitzer type stuff, but to get a Jimmy Smith or Groove Holmes vibe, you need to add a Leslie-type rotary unit. I've added a Neo Mini-Vent (smaller version of the better but more expensive Neo Ventilator) to the mix, but even then you won't get an authentic Hammond sound. The audience will be happy, until you're compared to an actual B-3, which is a far more complex combination of tones, some of which is simply the size and resonance of the cabinetry and the stops available on a real organ. Same thing with the EH C9 unit.

I'd suggest your pedal board have a compressor-rotary box-B9 sequence BEFORE your volume pedal. The Strymon Lex is another highly rated rotary unit.

My setup cost me around $600. I exclusively use it on C6, and play organ voicings lower register. What it excels at is playing long whole note pads/fills behind a saxophone and/or lead guitar solo, a la the styles I mentioned above. Depending on the genre, I will use either the B9 or Neo by itself, or in combination. Our guitarist and sax player love my pads and I get a couple solos a night, but I prefer being in the background just adding the right authentic non-steel color.

I've spent a lot of time and $$ trying to get a true Hammond sound, and haven't found it yet.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Tom Wolverton

Carpinteria, CA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2018 10:28 pm    

John & Herb. I finally gigged tonight with my C9/Lex combo. It worked pretty darn well. I had the footswitch with the Lex, so I could easily change Leslie speeds on the fly. The big discovery for me was to put a compressor before the C9 pedal. And yes, all of this before the volume pedal.

Enjoy.

Jon Jaffe

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2018 11:57 am    

Bump

Jon Jaffe

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2018 10:09 am    

It's The Digitech RP 360 that's for sale. Offers?

Jon Jaffe

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2018 9:51 am    

Sold on another venue.