The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Elliot's Pedal Steel Guitars in Sarasota, Florida.
Robert Chamberlain

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2018 10:45 am    

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post.
Can anyone tell me if Elliot's Pedal Steel Guitar store in Sarasota is still open?
I have tried to call (941-203-5889) but always get a busy signal. I found it on Google when I was looking for steel guitar stores or shops in Florida. It is about the only one I found.

Thank you.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2018 3:32 am    

Never heard of that place. There was a guy, not Elliot, that had a steel "shop" inside a music store but that was 20 years ago.

But, Bondz Music in Wildwood has some steel guitar items such as Goodrich Volume Pedals, SIT Steel strings, is a Peavey Dealer. They occasionally have some used pedal steel's for sale. The owner, Jonny Bondz, is a pedal steel player as is the store manager, Jr Reich.

http://www.bondzmusic.com/

Willis Vanderberg

Petoskey Mi
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2018 4:09 am    

David Pierce had a shop in Sarasota but I think it is out of business.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2018 6:09 am    

Bud, Pierce is the one I was thinking of.

Robert Chamberlain

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2018 7:52 am     Elliot's Pedal Steel Guitars in Sarasota, Florida.

Thanks for the replies.
I googled steel guitar stores and shops in Florida and Elliots came up first, typical internet advertising things that no longer exist. That is why I always call first.
I talked to JR at Bondz and I am going to stop in there Saturday.

Marc Bell

Surat Thani, TH
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2018 1:39 am     Re: Elliot's Pedal Steel Guitars in Sarasota, Florida.

Robert Chamberlain wrote:
Can anyone tell me if Elliot's Pedal Steel Guitar store in Sarasota is still open?
I have tried to call (941-203-5889) but always get a busy signal. I found it on Google when I was looking for steel guitar stores or shops in Florida. It is about the only one I found.

Thank you.

I was in Fogts guitar store on south 41 a few months ago and they had an old pedal steel for sale in there, some nice old tube amps too. Guitar Vintners is down near Ft Meyers also.

Gary Guzzardo

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2018 5:35 pm    

I live in Sarasota and I have never heard of it , Been here 29 years now .

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2018 7:08 pm    

Hello Gary, How are you doing. Still picking the Rains I got from you. J.R. Rose

Gary Guzzardo

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2018 6:35 am    

Hi Jr ,,, Nice to hear from ya. That Rains was a Great guitar for me , Glad your lovin it .

James Elliott

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2018 4:32 pm     Re: Elliot's Pedal Steel Guitars in Sarasota, Florida.

Thank you.

Hello Robert my name is James D Elliott. I'm in the process of opening a music store in the Desoto Square Mall. The store in Sarasota is no longer open. The name of the store is Jams Music Store, and we will be selling pedal steel guitars, guitars, drums amp,and accessories. Everything a musician will need. The grand opening is March 24th , and we will have a stage in the store that any musician can come in and Jam out.

941-685-9288

James Elliott

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2018 4:36 pm     Re: Elliot's Pedal Steel Guitars in Sarasota, Florida.

Thank you.

Hello Robert my name is James D Elliott. I'm in the process of opening a music store in the Desoto Square Mall, located in Bradenton FL. The store in Sarasota is no longer open. The name of the store is Jams Music Store, and we will be selling pedal steel guitars, guitars, drums amp,and accessories. Everything a musician will need. The grand opening is March 24th , and we will have a stage in the store that any musician can come in and Jam out.

www.jamsmusicstores.com
941-685-9288

James Elliott

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2018 8:14 am    

Hello Robert my name is James D Elliott. I'm in the process of opening a music store in the Desoto Square Mall, located in Bradenton FL. The store in Sarasota is no longer open. The name of the store is Jams Music Store, and we will be selling pedal steel guitars, guitars, drums amp,and accessories. Everything a musician will need. The grand opening is March 24th , and we will have a stage in the store that any musician can come in and Jam out.

www.jamsmusicstores.com
941-685-9288