The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Please close
Todd Blair

Richmond Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2018 7:36 pm    

I’m interested in parting ways with my 1990 G&L S-500. This is a USA model, from when Leo Fender was still in charge, before the company was sold to BBE. It has the treble and bass tone controls, desirable MFD pickups, and vibrato system with the original arm.
There is a chip on the lower E are of the nut, but it does not affect the string slot, and does not affect playability. The locking tuners are original, but the last time I got it set up, the tech said that two of the tuners don’t lock the strings, but work fine as normal tuners. Finally, it comes with a TKL case, and will be carefully packed and insured.
I don’t play Stratocaster style guitars much, anymore. And it seems silly to keep taking this guitar as a backup to shows. I will send any additional pictures, if requested, and will happily answer any questions.

Last edited by Todd Blair on 5 Feb 2018 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jerry Meek

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2018 1:18 pm     G&l S 500

I have an early version S 500 with Leo signature on head and something tells me you will regret selling this one. I came the closest to Brent Masons tone with it thru a Dual Showman Reverb head and a semi closed cab with 2 Altec Lansing 417C speakers that I've ever come, this guitar has way more tone possibilities than any Strat or Tele. Ive ever had and I've had a few.

Todd Blair

Richmond Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2018 12:32 am    

I can’t argue with you, it’s a stellar instrument. The MFD pickups and treble/ bass roll off knobs make for fantastic tones. I will probably regret it, since the Leo Fender era guitars don’t come up very often, but it’s a matter of personal preference. I regularly gig with my late 90s ASAT Special with MFDs with Bigsby vibrato. This is my backup guitar, but I’d like to downsize my electric collection, so the backup guitar is first on the chopping block. If I was doing more recordings, I’d probably reconsider it. This S-500 is super versatile, and sounds great through a variety of amps.

Ryan Gimpert

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2018 7:16 am    

PM sent

Scott Shipley

The Ozark Mountains
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2018 8:47 am    

Is this still available?