The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Over Tight Android Charging Cable
George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2017 11:04 pm    

Can anyone tell me how tight is too tight when it comes to plugging in my android charging cable? I purchased a new Anker PowerLine Micro USB 3ft charging cable, for my 10" Samsung Tablet. My original white Samsung plastic piece of junk charging cable crapped out after just a couple months.The new Anker cable works fantastic and seems to have a great build quality. I looked for burrs everything looks ok. It fits way tight on ALL my android stuff. I know it's much better for it to fit a little snug then loose....but sheesh. Is a good cable suppose to fit this tight? Should i stop using it and send it back? Just be very careful plugging it in and stop worrying about it? Appreciate any advice here.

Tim Russell

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 18 Dec 2017 1:17 am    

I have an Anker USB charging hub/ 10 jacks. So, I know their stuff is quality, I like it. The cables that came with it are snug/quality, but not overly tight.

I personally wouldn't use the cable if it is as tight as you suggest, that you feel you are having to apply undo pressure to connect it as it will begin to stretch out the ports of your equipment, causing damage to them.

Last edited by Tim Russell on 19 Dec 2017 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2017 3:54 am    

Thanks Tim for your advice. Here is what i finally got back from customer support.

Hello George,

firstly we want to apologize for the late response.
The ports are actually produced to fit good in the micro usb devices, which means that they need to be plugged in a bit harder. Therefore, they will remain longer. Our cables are tested according to high standards to avoid damage to devices.
We always recommend putting the port into a device slowly and in the right angle.

Have a great day,
Corinna
The Anker Team for customer support

So i dunno. I'll be careful and see what happens.