The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Do you all think this is a good price?
Jeff Buesing

Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2017 6:52 pm    

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mullen-Pre-Discovery-S10-3x4-Standard-Emmons-E9-PRO-LEVEL-Pedal-Steel-Guitar/263386372279?hash=item3d530d18b7:g:tgoAAOSwfjRaMXzY

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2017 7:07 pm     Steel price

It is a Mullen, but for $151. More you can have my custom 4/5, 3/ changer, with machined undercarriage, custom birdseye maple and Australian leopard wood body. I always liked lacquer finishes better than mica. To me the MULLEN appears to be student model. Or beginner model. If not mine, watch for sale part of the FORUM for deals. My SD10 us "steal of a Steel, Ray Walker custom 4/5.
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2017 7:13 pm    

Guitar is listed in the classifieds here on the forum for less. I defer to Mike and Del, but I believe Mullen marketed these as an intermediate model. Never played one, but they seem to be a very well made and fine sounding instrument.

As to the value, I'm not qualified to say. Maybe compare it to the price of a used Discovery comparably equipped, or less, commensurate with condition IMO.

Jeff Buesing

Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2017 7:42 pm    

I should have said that I currently have almost the same guitar, only with a half neck/pad at the back. It's my main guitar. I replaced the single coil with a George L. I love the sound and feel of the guitar. I have it set way up high because I'm 6'4''.