The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho~Bud auction in Iowa
Andy Henriksen

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2017 5:51 am    

A friend found this. I have no affiliation. I didn't even know goodwill auctions were a thing until this morning. Just thought I'd share in case anyone in the area was looking.

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/46620845

Jack Aldrich

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2017 2:21 pm    

It looks great! A wood neck D10, with 8 wide pedals, and some knee levers. I really miss mine, although it was red.
Rickenbacher B6
3 Resonator guitars
Asher Alan Akaka Special SN 6
Canopus D8

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2017 1:26 am    

Nice Sho Bud, 2 levers, round front, two hole pullers with barrels .

The bid price is very attractive, I tried to calculate shipping and it came back with a big " error" Laughing

They are claiming 150 pounds shipping weight, which is way too high, it should be more like 75 to 80.

It's a really good deal for someone.

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Jeff Mead

London, England
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2017 2:20 am    

Tony Prior wrote:

The bid price is very attractive, I tried to calculate shipping and it came back with a big " error" Laughing

They are claiming 150 pounds shipping weight, which is way too high, it should be more like 75 to 80.

The lot comes with a Silvertone "speaker" (I'm pretty sure it's actually an amp) and a Morley volume pedal which would put the weight up a bit - especially with packing as well.

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2017 5:42 am    

That Silvertone cabinet looks kinda like the piggyback amps they had where the head would slip into a space in the back of the cabinet for transport.

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2017 7:57 am     Iowa Sho-bud

With vwery poor wifi and phone service where I live in the STICKS, I attempted to make a bid, but after 1 1/2 hrs sadly gave up. Sure looks like a under bed closet Queen to me, lol
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 14 Dec 2017 8:00 am     closet Queen

I am betting it will go for between 700=900, and a deal at that, but someone might bid it up into the high teens tooo
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2017 8:10 am     Re: closet Queen

Art Beard wrote:
I am betting it will go for between 700=900, and a deal at that, but someone might bid it up into the high teens tooo

Well, it's already over $1200...

Douglas Schuch

Valencia, Philippines
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2017 8:57 am    

It looks like a very good condition, all-original round-front with two-hole pullers and barrels - some consider this the ultimate Sho-Bud for tone and tuning stability. It has the tapped pickups. It's a nice guitar if you are willing to live with either two knee levers, or add more. I'd bet it goes somewhere over $1500.

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2017 1:20 am    

At $1500 it's right at the top for an 8 +2, to bring this to an 8+4 Steel , add another $300 to $400 in parts, then add labor, which brings this Steel in at +/- $2000 .

Of course the other stuff it comes with is basically eye candy, if that matters.

Looks to be in very good condition,( ?) maybe, until you play it and find out that the raises/lowers are stiff, stuck, won't return to pitch etc...This Steel is over 45 years old, expect "stuff"and don't be shocked if it has some issues. . Anyone who has ever had an old Sho Bud apart knows about changer rivets, return springs etc...

Even cars with blown motors look good if you wash them !

And then the crowd asked, how much is shipping ? Because on top of the purchase price, it all adds up. It all matters.

Nice Steel though no doubt. And yes it LOOKS good. I dated a gal way back when who looked good too, I picked her up at 8 and brought her back home at 10:30 !

Laughing

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Art Beard

Post  Posted 15 Dec 2017 2:53 am     Iowa Sho-bud

Tony,I thing I knew her. Laughing I remember Paul Harvey tell a story of a man that sold a half painted row boat, in front yard withe painted side to the street. The seller was TV preacher Jim Bakker's Dad Whoa! Laughing

Art Beard

Post  Posted 15 Dec 2017 12:53 pm     Sho-Bud Pro II

With 8 seconds to go the last bid i saw was 1601.00 olus the shipping, which it stopped estimating for me, lol. Someone probably got a deal. What was the AMP, Wah box worth ?? maybe 75.00 tops??