The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Need help with Korg CA-40 tuner
Tom Bradshaw

Walnut Creek, California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2018 2:54 pm    

I recently purchased a CA-40 Korg tuner. I have two pitch pipes that both provide E pitches that are identical. However, the CA-40 says they are perfect "F" tones, not E tones (and every other note voiced is also a half-tone off). Is there a way to internally adjust the tuner so it matches what the pitch pipe tones are (which I feel are accurate)? I followed the calibration directions, but that doesn't correct the problem. Thus, I'm hoping that an internal adjustment corrects the LED readings on the VU meter window (???). Does anyone know?

Can anyone help? ...Tom

Douglas Schuch

Valencia, Philippines
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2018 3:15 pm    

Tom - Does it read 440 Hz in the top left? If not, then push the "CALIB" buttons (up or down arrows) to dial it into 440. If it reads 440, but still not giving you the correct pitch, then I don't think you can adjust it. But you could change the standard pitch to whatever gives you the correct reading, I guess?

Tom Bradshaw

Walnut Creek, California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2018 9:13 am     No solution

Thanks for your input Doug. I tried to correct the problem with by playing with the calibration. No luck. Whenever I calibrated the tuner to match an E-440, it would always read that I had calibrated it to an F pitch. The Hertz reading was whatever an F was. I called the firm I bought it from. They had no method (internal adjustment) for correcting this and agreed that the tuner was defective. I returned it to them and bought another one. It worked fine. Problem solved.