The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Walker Seat!
Bryant Aycock

Pikeville, North Carolina
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2017 5:26 pm    

Hey Guys. This Bryant of Walker Seats. A lot of guys have asked me about the light weight seat that Ray Walker built. Neither Billy Knowles or I have any drawings for that seat. However, I have built a prototype I hope will be available after Jan. 1. It weighs about 12 pounds. It has the same features as all our seats. I'm calling it the "Esquire Express". We still offer our "Esquire", with or without the back, and the "Throne" Just call me. If no answer, leave a message and I will return your call.
919-222-8015

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2017 8:18 pm     Walker Seats.

I have a,Walker seat w/back. I am looking forward to you newest effort. So sadly selling my RAY WALKER 4/5 W/3/2 changer. RAY & JACK Palmer did such Great work together ! I personally miss Ray each day. You are on my 1st part of year list lol.
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 10 Dec 2017 8:20 pm     Walker Seats.

Could you tease us more and post pics of the Proto type
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Paul Norman

Washington, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2017 7:28 am    

http://playpedalsteel.com/walker-pedal-steel-seats/

Here you u go Art and Bryant.

Billy Knowles

Kenansville, N. C. 28349 usa
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2017 8:13 am     seat

Walker Seats are really great seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STEEL GUITAR EAST

Emmons authorized dealer and approved service technician

my web site: http://www.steelguitareast.com

Brad Nelson

Greenwich Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2017 8:46 am     price

How much will the lighter seat cost?

Bryant Aycock

Post  Posted 12 Dec 2017 6:31 pm     New Seat

Thanks for the good words and interest! I hope I can sell this seat for $259. I still have some improvements to make. When I finish, I will post pictures. It will be only offered in black and no back. My goal is not cheap, but light weight.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 13 Dec 2017 5:25 am     Walker seats

Bryant, you have a great opportunity right now to purchase a truely great, modern sound SD10 4/5 pedal steel. To be placed in front of your seats, as a demo seat and a beautiful steel. It is a "RAY WALKER custon" pedal steel of great looks and playabilty that I bought from Ray to help him when he had a need. LOVE IT, but divorce and financial times are forcing me to sell at a redickuless price to $1900. the guitar, used should sell 4 $2400. as Ray and I discussed.
GREAT LUCK WITH UR NEW SEAT SALES CAA
P>S> There are few Ray Walker steels (see post under Ray Walker of Jan 6th 2007

Bryant Aycock

Post  Posted 14 Dec 2017 3:43 am     Walker

Art, Thanks for the offer. I know that guitar. I'm not in the market for a guitar. I have a Sho-Bud
Super Pro that was rebuilt by Duane Marrs. I'm sure you won't have any problems selling that guitar. It's a great guitar at an even greater price.

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2017 4:22 am    

Bryant I'm trying to decide on my 1st pac a seat.... can you give me a time frame on a seat through you all? My email is jamesmorris3117@gmail.com

Thanks!

Bob Poole

Myrtle Beach SC, USA
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2017 11:05 am     Walker Seats

Love my Walker seat !