The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  ......PLEASE CLOSE......Sho-Bud 6139
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2017 9:49 am    

Here's the deal. This guitar is in a small music shop in town. The owner picked it up with a bunch of guitars in an estate bundle. As a do-good steel guy (and a steel geek who can't help butting in) I have inspected it and tuned the pedals. Per agreement with the owner I am marketing it here, just because. Good for him, good for the forum.
If it sells via this listing the forum will get its $fee$

To the best of my ability, I am representing this guitar as really nice and not abused. If I were interested in a 10 string Bud it would be mine.

However..... all business communication will be done between you and the seller whose contact info is on the business card. I will not be an intermediary any more than I am being here. I will try to answer technical questions that he is probably not equipped to answer.

We have a 6139 with 3 pedals, 1 lever (lowering both E's). Double raise, single lower. This guitar is very very clean. The changer is not gunked up and works very smoothly. The dustcatcher fretboard would not be original, to the best of my knowledge. correction--as per Ricky Davis, it would in fact be original. Nor would the BL 705. The pickup does have the Sho-Bud three screw mounting plate.
I forgot to shoot this detail--one leg is missing the rubber tip.
The case is the standard Sho-Bud case. I did not pay attention to its condition but I recall it to be fully functional. You can request photos from the seller.

Price: $1300

I have represented this guitar as accurately as I can. I am NOT the seller and I accept no responsibility for any aspect of this transaction.

Last edited by Jon Light on 12 Dec 2017 9:46 am; edited 6 times in total

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2017 9:50 am    

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2017 11:15 am    

Hey Jon; if you don't mind me steppin in??
That Sho~bud was made in early 1974 and was the first year of the nylon tuning system(double raise/single lower) and also when the plastic 3d fretboard was out. Those are still the great sounding fingers(aluminum tops) and yes that is a very rare to find anymore; Bill Lawrence 705 pickup.
Very nice S-10 as this was the introduction to many new Sho~bud features going into the Pro-II custom series.
Ricky

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2017 11:27 am    

Mind? Of course not Ricky. Yes--I forgot to mention that this has the pin string attachment, not the fork, so yes, it is pre pot metal.

So you are saying that this fretboard would be consistent with the date (and yes, '74 is what I had it pegged as) ?

When I heard that there was a Bud in this small town shop I figured to find a gummed up beater needing a tear down. This is so clean!

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2017 3:52 pm    

Yes that fretboard is original to that date.
Ricky

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2017 2:50 pm    

Again, any business discussion is between you & Alex. But I believe he is open to discussion.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2017 9:47 am    

This is no longer available.