The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  2 new steels this week
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2017 7:44 am    

I just got both of these steels just this week..Tuesday in fact...I am very pleased with both of them...I dont think this picture does justice to the beauty of either of them...I got the Carter from fellow forumite Bob Rhea and Allen Melbert built the S8 for me...great workmanship...pretty woods.

Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2017 7:46 am    

Looking good Larry Exclamation Congratulations and enjoy.

Don Kuhn

Poetry/Terrell ,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2017 10:42 am    

I believe I have either a brother or sister to your Carter purchased it from Ann at the last TSGA show in Dallas that they did just before John passed I'm thinking around 2010 or 2011. It sat in the closet for about 3 yrs afterwards as I was caring for my parents and didn't have the time to mess with it.

George McLellan

Duluth, MN USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2017 10:49 am     which?

Which one or both will you have to the SWSGA and the Mesa area jams?
They are fine looking guitars, congrats!
Geo

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2017 2:16 pm     Psg

Very nice.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2017 3:46 pm    

Thanks guys.. George I will have both with me Smile I am driving out so plenty of room. I would have liked to had your Williams, but a little out of my price range for now...that is a beauty ! Be good to see you soon
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

George Macdonald

Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2017 4:28 pm     New Steels

Good choice in steels. I have a Carter U12 [B6th/E9th].and two 8 string Melberts and a Deluxe 34 "Streamliner" stand with 3 legs for the Melberts.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2017 5:27 pm     Re: New Steels

George Macdonald wrote:
Good choice in steels. I have a Carter U12 [B6th/E9th].and two 8 string Melberts and a Deluxe 34 "Streamliner" stand with 3 legs for the Melberts.

George, so will the Deluxe 34 stand work as a double neck for the Melberts ? I will check and see if Mark can build an attachment that will work for that.

George Macdonald

Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2017 5:46 pm     Melberts

Hi Larry,
I only use one Melbert at a time on my Deluxe 34 stand. I also have two 6 string Ricks, but I rarely use them as I prefer the 8 string Melberts.

Bill Moran

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2017 3:32 pm    

I'm sorry ? lol