The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  No name S-9 for cheap
Doug Jones

Oregon & Florida
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2018 6:58 pm    

I have no use for this steel and will sell it just for the shipping costs plus $20 for a donation to the forum.

As I was visiting a friend, we saw this dude busking on the street corner with all kinds of interesting instruments. Of the multitude, one looked like a peddle steal so I asked him about it. He wasn't sure what it was and was tired of hauling it around. It had 8 tuning gears, but had 9 strings rigged up, three legs and a sawed off crutch duck taped to the back right. There was one pedal and one knee lever that you had to pull back with your left hand, but they didn't do anything. He had it rigged up to a B-17 and only used it on one song after admittedly over consuming alcohol that was given to him for free on the streets.

Apparently I was the only one who ever asked him about it so he was willing to give it to me for free if I would take it off his hands right then and there. We threw it in the back of my buddy's pickup and off we went.

I've never seen the likes of anything like this! Once I figured out I had no use for it too, I decided to list it on the fourum. There may be some parts of use to someone or maybe it just become a conversation piece in someone's living room.

Surprsingly, it has a decent tone unamplified, especially since it doesn't have a pickup.

Will post pictures when I find my phone. I think it fell between the pillows at my buddy's home in his couch that his ex-girlfriend just had fumigated.

Thanks for your interest . . . . .

Doug Jones

Oregon & Florida
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2018 7:01 pm    

WOW, I can't believe it! This steel is already sold in less than 3 minutes.

The buyer lives in South Korea and wants to get it in time for a post-Olympics gig at a bar for the deaf not far from the Olympic Village.

I should have listed it for buyers in the lower 48.

Thanks

Keith Bolog

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2018 7:29 pm     plesae

show us pictures anyway.....