The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Christmas help!
Tommy Dodd

Acworth, Ga., USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2017 2:40 pm    

I have recently accepted a solo gig. I'll be playing 2 - 3 times per week and each gig is for 3 hours per shift. I have plenty of tracks to play with for most of the year but I have been "requested" to include at least 40% of my gig time playing Christmas music between Thanksgiving and Christmas day. . So, I am frantically trying to put together a collection of tracks to play with. I am willing to buy, borrow, or steal anything you might have related to Christmas. (No thanks, I don't need a track for "Grandma Just Got Run Over by a Reindeer). It doesn't matter if it's BIAB tracks, karaoke tracks, or .mp3.

I know I could sit here a write a lot of Christmas songs with BIAB but I was hoping someone has already done that.

I will appreciate any offerings you might supply, and also your advice as to where else to turn for my needs.

Thanks in advance,

tommyd

Gary Dillard

Tuscaloosa, AL
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2017 4:05 pm    

Tommy,

I did a Christmas project about 10 yrs ago, let me look and see if I can find the tracks to it. If I can't I'll contact the studio in Sevierville about getting the tracks (hopefully they still have them). We'll work out a trade with some of your tracks.

I will not be home until Saturday so give me a few days.

Gary Dillard

Tuscaloosa, AL
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2017 4:11 pm    

Actually, just called the studio and they are making me a fresh copy. I'll get it to you as soon as I burn a disc.

Norman Evans

Tennessee
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2017 4:18 pm    

Check this out. I downloaded these files a few years ago and they're divided into sub groups. One group is all Christmas songs.
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=231939&sid=b298c5ade0ec705c467d1d61b6a4a04a