The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  How to fade out a song?
Frank Freniere

The First Coast
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2017 1:21 pm    

I just can't seem to get a song to fade out out on a single chord after the second verse - very frustrating. Can someone explain step-by step how it's done?

While we're at it, why does volume and crispness go WAY down when I save the track to .wav & play it on iTunes? It sounds fine on BIAB...

Bill Mollenhauer

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2017 4:32 pm    

Not sure if this is what you want. I am not very good at BIAB, but enter your last chord and then put 3 periods and then the same chord with 1 period after it. 3 period sustain the chord, one period is silence and 2 periods are an abrupt stop.

Joe Wheeler

Marion Louisiana Union
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2017 5:24 am     from memory

right click on the bar where you want to start fading out . choose bar settings , choose all instruments and number of bars to fade . Try 10 . At the top of that screen you will see settings apply to chorus number . From the drop down menu choose chorus number 2 . Click ok at the bottom. I create a tag on my songs and have the tag fade out after the last bar on my bluegrass songs. This would not involve fading out on the 2nd chorus where the song would end abruptly anyway.