The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The Paul Franklin Method
Franklin

Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 10:58 am    

Hi Jason-

Those are simply "test pages" while we are making sure the PayPal and Stripe accounts work on all browsers. That price is ridiculous because we did not want anyone accidentally trying to buy it if they Googled the site while we are live testing...which you did!

No worries, the price is NOWHERE near that!!!

John Spaulding

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 12:36 pm     The real Paul Franklin Method Pricing

Hi Jason -

John here, from the Paul Franklin Method Team.

I see that Google 'found' one of our test pages, and they showed up on your search! Ha, pretty funny!

But you know what? We think detective work like that deserves to be rewarded, so we decided to take this opportunity to announce the REAL price!

The course will be selling for $575, which includes 12 months of access. So in addition to the 90 videos that the Course starts with, you will also get all the new videos we will be regularly adding during the 12 months of your enrollment.

But it gets better than that. During the initial sign-up period, we're offering the course for just $475!

Thanks for your continued interest Jason, we appreciate it!

- The Paul Franklin Method Team

Jason Dunkle

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 1:05 pm    

Thank you both! I didn’t think the price would be THAT high. Haha! $475 sounds very reasonable! I will be the first to sign up. Can’t wait to start!

Jason

Brian Gattis

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 2:53 pm    

Will you be able to subscribe monthly?

Thanks
Brian G

Sandro Rocco

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 3:13 pm    

Can not wait for this! When will the initial sign up period be?

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2017 1:30 am    

Franklin Team,
I'm not sure if you have come up with a price for the course yet.

I'd be willing to pay the $575 or $475 but if access is for a year only, the course is not for me. I was hoping one could frequently go back and revisit the lessons even after one year.

There are a number of situations which could prevent some members from making the most of the lessons in one year. The include moving house, starting a new job, sickness, etc.

I will be waiting to hear from you about price and the time duration one can continue to access the site after the initial payment.

Best of luck with the course,
Stevet

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2017 3:43 am    

Steve...

I believe I saw (maybe on Facebook) that you can resubscribe after the first year to keep access. Wish I could afford it.

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2017 6:22 am    

Wow.

Where do I sign Smile

bob

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2017 6:58 am    

Hi, Richard,
See John Spalding of The Franklin Team's post above.

I read that to mean if one re-subscribes, after a year, that person pays another $575 or $475 again. Maybe I am mistaken. stevet

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2017 7:22 am    

I could be alone on this, but having to sign up for an entire year off the bat doesn't seem like the beat business model to me.

Speaking for myself and several other people I've talked to, while the price of the course is a good one if you break in down, $475 is quite a substantial amount to pay up front without any sort of trial.period or oprion for opting out.

What if a something happens and a person is unable to play anymore? What if a person finds out after a couple months yhe course isnt for them?

While I am thrilled this information is being made available, I would think a monthly subscription (even of it were a little more) would be the most profitable for both the consumers of this course and for those who stand to recoup financial investments in its creation. Sure it takes longer to make the money, but I would think more folks would be apt to put up $40-$50 a month and have it automatically deducted from their account upon the same day of e ach m9nth, than to have to spend such a large amount up front. But as a said, maybe this is just me. I hope I am able to purchase the course, but it's something I will.have to do once I save the funds. However, I am not going to assume that a person has to pay the entire.amount up front.... I am gonna wait to see the details. Assuming has gotten me.in trouble before!

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2017 8:40 am    

Will the videos be on a private youtube channel?

Richard Sinkler

Post  Posted 26 Oct 2017 10:41 am    

steve takacs wrote:
Hi, Richard,
See John Spalding of The Franklin Team's post above.

I read that to mean if one re-subscribes, after a year, that person pays another $575 or $475 again. Maybe I am mistaken. stevet

That's what I was saying. It would be nice if they allowed paying monthly. They could have you locked into a full year contract. I subscribed to Adobe's Creative Cloud program. It was set up like cell phone carriers are set up. You agree to their contract, and to cancel out you are to pay a penalty they set up. Adobe's penalty is to pay off the rest of the yearly contract. Obviously, Adobe and cell phone companies have larger resources, and can wait through collections and absorb a loss if the money can't be recovered. I would love to see this set up under that model. I really want this course, and could maybe come up with the $40 to $50 a month it would cost, but no way could I come up with the whole thing at once. A lot of us are poor and struggling, and are going to miss out on this opportunity.

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2017 7:08 am    

Richard, you and I thibk alike obviously in this area. They may very well have it swtup the way we are talking about, months installments, but that you have to sign up for a year long contract id say. The course looks very promising and I am hopeful it will workout where we will be able to pay installments on the annual tuition for the course! Being today is the end of October, I was hoping the site would be up and running, but nothing yet...
A lot goes into this type of venture I'm sure. I'm also sure it will be well worth the wait.....so long as there is a payment option available like the one we are both thinking!

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 3 Nov 2017 6:18 am    

Even if I could afford a one time payment, I would have major reservations about putting up that much money with a newly formed company. What happens to that money if they go under during the first year of operation? Losing $500 is a lot different that losing the $5 you paid b0b for a lifetime subscription here. If they have monthly, I'll be happy to look into it, otherwise I'm done considering it.

I pay Adobe about that much a year on a monthly basis and don't have a problem with it, but again Adobe has been around quite a while, so I have a comfort level with them.

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2017 12:16 pm     price

well that price lets me out

but those of you who can afford that I'm sure it will be well worth it

mike Very Happy

gary pierce

Rossville TN
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2017 2:53 pm    

I think $40 a month is not bad for 90+ videos that you can go to for a year.

Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2017 6:34 am    

I wonder,,,or maybe a "poll" would be nice,,,,would most of us rather pay $475 up front for a year,,,,or pay $40 each month,,,,or maybe even be willing to pay a premium of say,,,$50 a month for the privilege of being able to pay monthly,,,and to help defray the cost of extra overhead to MMM (Modern Music Masters)

Don Walworth

Gilmer, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2017 6:40 am     Cost is not the issue for me - it is the 1 way instruction.

Let's see – a lesson a week would make the cost per lesson just under $10.00 – I can do that. My wife and I both take lessons via Skype - her Skype lessons now over 5 years. Her instrument is an accordion – her teacher is in Pittsburgh, PA – we are in Texas. On a road trip to New England two years ago, my wife and daughter paid a visit to her instructor at his home. What I am getting at is the live connection we have via Skype. It is more than a lesson – it is one hour of socializing with a lot of instruction tossed in. We enjoy having a friend “visit” our home for each lesson. Any questions during the week – an email back and forth takes care of that. Mistakes made are quickly corrected via the live connection.

I really don't know how I would fair having 1-way instruction??? - and that is the issue I need to resolve in my mind.

Don

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 4 Nov 2017 9:39 am    

I would agree with Gary, $40 a month would be reasonable, at least for me. Not trying to disrespect anyone here, but I am willing to bet a lot of the players on here are operating on Social Security income. Monthly payments would be better than a one time large payment.

That is up to Paul and his partners, but if stays as is, I wish nothing but the best to those that can, but I'm done if so.

Zecharia German

Israel
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2017 4:53 am    

I'd only pay such a sum if I was 100% that the course would provide a source of linear learning that would lead me exclusively over at least a few months. I'd definitely want to get a trial before, or 2-3 consecutive full lessons before committing such a sum.

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 4:04 am    

While I think that what PF and the team has put together is excellent , I am gonna give it some time to see how it all plays out.

What I have come to learn over my tenure as a weekend player and a local teacher, guitar and Steel, is that on Steel it may take 2 or 3 months of working with ONE lesson to accomplish the task, not just the music, but the physical activity to make the music flow smoothly. Thus it would be pretty difficult to acquire the skill set of more than a dozen lessons or so over the term of a year. Obviously some students will be able to advance more rapidly than others. Many times it's not the actual music that holds us back but rather getting the music out of the Instrument .

I subscribe to guitar methods, Rich Severson , an excellent collection of Jazz guitar study tools, tabs and some video, one song at a time, one lesson at a time, one download at a time. Very reasonable cost structures. Perhaps PF and the team can offer a similar approach at some point.

I suspect the PF team will address the payment schedule and costs.

Overall , I still believe this to be a very positive approach. Learning and understanding the approach by a master is very worthwhile.

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 7:29 am    

I agree with your point of view Tony, and do indeed hope they will take a long look at this. Adobe seems to have no problem with a monthly approach (agreed that they are a much larger company), but a number of companies have switched/are switching to monthly subscriptions and are seeing an increase in business. Not to say this is the right method for everyone, but I think it would work well in this situation.

As you pointed out, this is something the PF team will have to ponder on. Nice post.

Richard Sinkler

Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 8:33 am    

I just stopped my subscription to Adobe's Creative Cloud. I was only using DreamWeaver CS6 and Photoshop. I bought my own copy of DW and have an old version of PS. But remember, the Adobe subscription is a one year contract. They have the resources to collect if you don't pay. I don't know how Microsoft works, but I imagine it would be very similar.

I would imagine that Paul's venture is a pretty small business without the resources that Adobe has. I don't know what is involved with setting up a system of autopay with credit card. They are going to put whatever payment option that best suits their business model and available resources.

There are a lot of players that have the disposable cash to pay for this. There are probably many more with a credit card that could pay it and pay the card off monthly. And there are those of us that can't afford it. I'm sure they will get the amount of subscribers they want, and pull in the money they need.

We just need to wait and see what happens. I don't think complaining, speculation or even a poll is going to change their path.

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 9:23 am    

Richard, I believe these posts are a way of polling and testing the market waters. Don't you think the Franklin team has somebody monitoring this? I would, and I'm not exactly a business genius.

Seems like a great course. For that kind of money, you want to get the most out of the lessons, which means disciplined time commitment, every day.

Working people, working musicians. Who can make that dedication for a year? During busy times I go weeks without sticking to a practice regimen.

Monthly with no contract is the only way I will sign up. Otherwise, I will wait for the book/DVD version, which I would prefer anyway.

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 12:58 pm    

I have concluded that I'm just gonna wait and see how it's setup. Seems I'm not the only guy who would prefer a payment method... but in the edn, it's just speculation that there won't be a monthly payment option. Only thing I've seen FOR SURE is that there will be a yearly subscription, however, this doesn't necessarily mean you have to pay for the full year up front. I've submitted scribed to magazines for a year, but paid montgly.

I guess what I'm getting st, is as was already said by someone, we will just have to wait and see. The course sgould be available very soon, according to the emails.I've recieved....

Hopefully it's SOONER rather than LATER!!! Smile