The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The Paul Franklin Method
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2017 3:16 pm    

I'm sure they would let you enroll any time thereafter, for the ensuing 12 months. It would be crazy to design it otherwise, and they are not crazy.

BTW, I don't think anyone said anything about being able to "download" the files. It would also be crazy to allow that, as then there would be no incentive for anyone to re-up for the next year's subscription. I'm sure it will be set up so one has a log-on name/email & password, and can then watch the videos online in a captive environment until your subscription expires.

John Spaulding

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2017 3:31 pm    

Webb -

You are correct. You can sign up anytime on or after Jan 1st, and your enrollment will run for one year from whatever day you sign up. The sale price of the Course will run for awhile, but will eventually go back to full price.

After the first year of your enrollment, you can continue to stay enrolled on a month-to-month basis, for an affordable continued-access price (yet to be determined but much less than the initial Course price, of course). As long as you stay enrolled, you have access to all PFM videos, included new ones that will be regularly added as time goes by.

Hope that answers your question.

- John from the Paul Franklin Method team.

John Spaulding

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2017 3:34 pm    

Jim - You are correct in that the videos cannot be downloaded. It's like HBO. Just keep your enrollment active and you can continue to watch the videos, anytime and anywhere you have an acceptable internet connection.

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2017 4:39 pm    

The pricing structure is complex and prohibitive. A simple $50 a month would accommodate many more players needs and ability to pay. I think Paul is the greatest player living and most likely the greatest teacher ever. What he has to offer is priceless. I am In the most likely group of people to want to take his coarse but am on the fence because of the way the money is structured.

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2017 3:17 pm    

My wife does not need a new pair of shoes. Paul, you can count me in on this. Just tell me how and when I can sign up.

Douglas Schuch

Valencia, Philippines
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2017 6:23 pm    

John Spaulding:
Quote:
After the first year of your enrollment, you can continue to stay enrolled on a month-to-month basis, for an affordable continued-access price (yet to be determined but much less than the initial Course price, of course).

This is I think the best news I've read concerning the course, at least as an ongoing learning process. I had been wondering about that; thanks for clarifying it.

John Spaulding

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2017 8:12 pm    

Mark-

You can sign up for The Paul Franklin Method on January 1st. If you are already subscribed to e-mail updates, we will be sending out info as we approach the launch date.

To sign up for updates, visit this page, scroll down a bit and click the green button: https://modernmusicmasters.com/announcement-1-page/#.

Thanks!

John

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2017 5:14 am    

Done. Cant wait.

Thanks John. Thanks Paul.

Last edited by Mark Greenway on 17 Oct 2018 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Lee Barber

Sweeny, TX, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2017 9:57 pm    

DG Whitley wrote:
I have debit, not credit.

DG
Just for your future information.
Check with your bank and see if your card can be run as a credit card.
If it is a VISA it MC it usually can, but will pull money out of your account like a debit and keep your pin number safe.
I never run my card as debit unless using it at an ATM. My bank suggested it was safe that way.
IMO
Lee

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 29 Nov 2017 1:40 pm    

Lee, I appreciate the info, and was aware of the procedure. But again, it was the upfront $475 I cannot afford. Monthly payments yes, that much upfront cash no.

The folks at the "Franklin Method" have made the decision not to go that route, and I respect that. I will not be partaking of the course but send well wishes to those that can. It is absolutely a fantastic opportunity to learn from the best.

Hope you have a lot of fun with it. Best wishes.

John Spaulding

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2017 10:17 am    

Quote:
The folks at the "Franklin Method" have made the decision not to go that route . . .

This is not correct. There will be a 3-equal-monthly-payments plan option for those who prefer to not pay all at once. As is usually the case for these things, the all-at-once will remain the best $ value.

- John (from The Paul Franklin Method team)

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 30 Nov 2017 10:23 am    

Let me clarify my statement John, you decided not to go with a 12-month payment plan. My apologies for not being more specific.

Your 3 payment plan is still beyond my abilities, but that is fine. It is what it is.

Best wishes for your success.

Webb Kline

Bloomsburg, PA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2017 6:58 pm    

John, That's great news. Thanks. There is no way as busy as I am right now that I could stay on top of the course, but I've been waiting for a long time for something like this. I'm a multi-guy, and have played PSG for 35 years, but never took it seriously. It's one of my main goals in my golden years to truly master the instrument. I have a head start and I know this could take it over the top for me. Besides I feel like I need to do penance to Paul because I was helping him load his gear in the tour bus a couple of years ago, and I felt like was partly responsible for him cutting his head open on the cargo door. Sad

Scott Henderson

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2018 10:21 am    

Thinking real hard about doing this. I have been learning from Mr Franklin for over 35 years. Finally eliminated some gigs so I have more time to devote to this... cya soon.

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2018 10:38 am    

Scott I just got signed up a week or 2 ago. Let ne tell you, you sont regret it if you sign up!
You are obviously a fan of Paul's (as most of us are), and the course allows you to see things from his perspective. Not only that, but being able to ask Paul questions when you dont quite understand something is, to me, the best part of this course. I can say without a doubt, Paul's method can help ANY player, no matter what the skill level. I am seeing (and hearing) things in ways I never have before this course! I cant wait to see what this method grows into!!! So grateful to Paul and the folks at Modern Music Masters!

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2018 10:41 am    

You will not regret taking this course. This is what I have needed to get me in the right direction. This has been a god send to me.

Gordon Hartin

Durham, NC
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2018 9:04 am    

The hidden gem of the course is the private facebook group, where you can post videos of your playing, and Paul will give advice and tips.

Gordon

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2018 9:14 am    

I couldnt agree more! Having access to Paul, and the other great players in the group, is a great tool!

I learn as much, If not more, from what others ask and post than what I do, lol.

Randy Owens

West Central Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2018 9:09 am    

What kind of connection speed is needed for acceptable streaming? They don't pave the roads out here let alone have high speed internet Very Happy My connection speed is about 1 mbps.

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2018 5:40 pm    

If you have a cell phone with internet access, your good. I watch lessons on my phone all the time. I have internet through spectrum and its plenty fast enough too.

Most internet connections these days will work. I dont know the actual requirements though. I believe you will find the answer in the frequently asked questions on the home page of modern music masters

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2018 5:43 pm    

Check under the frequently asked questions on this link:

https://modernmusicmasters.com/announcement-and-sales-page-pfm/

Randy Owens

West Central Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2018 11:45 pm    

Jim Morris wrote:
Check under the frequently asked questions on this link:

https://modernmusicmasters.com/announcement-and-sales-page-pfm/

Thanks for the info, Jim. I read the FAQ earlier in the day. They mentioned resolution that runs between 224P and 1080P but I didn't see any mention of a minimum connection speed. I was able to watch the sample video and it only buffered once for just a couple of seconds. If this is based on YouTube videos, it may work.

It looks like the next step would be to try the "Test Drive" and make sure his copedent is really the same as mine although it looks like he uses the standard Emmons tuning.

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2018 3:38 am    

It doesnt rrally matter about your copedent as long as you have the basic changes. There may be a lesson here or there where you need to raise your 2nd string a half but past that nothing too out of the ordinary.

Last edited by Jim Morris on 17 Sep 2018 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

John Spaulding

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2018 4:51 pm    

Hi Randy -

Thanks for your interest in The Paul Franklin Method. The free TEST DRIVE is definitely a good way to see how the Course looks to you based on your internet provider.

We use the Wistia Vulcan player, which acts similarly to the YouTube player. The Lessons play at a default 720p resolution, but you can go to a lower definition if it is a smoother experience.

As far as copedents, Paul teaches using the basic Emmons setup. The emphasis of the Method is on learning concepts - how and why things work - so any copendent you may have is fine as long as you have the basic changes.

If there is a move that requires an uncommon pedal or lever, Paul shows ways to play the material or get the sound on other parts of the neck.

Feel free to drop us a line at info@modernmusicmasters.com with any questions. We hope you can join us soon!

John
The Paul Franklin Method Team