The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Should I go to a steel guitar show?
Jeffery Self

Spring City,Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2017 6:29 pm    

Ya know, this forum is just an awesome place Mr. Green

THANKS B0b! You don't get enough of those!

Your picture brings back some fond memories Rich Exclamation Another forumite by the name of Ricky Littleton also put a picture up of a steel he bought from Larry around that same time, and they have both given me goosebumps looking at them. Just something about looking at something and knowing where it came from, where it has been, and where it is. That kind of stuff is priceless and could not be so without a place like "THE STEEL GUITAR FORUM" THANKS AGAIN B0b Mr. Green
And just to stay on "topic", yes get out and go to as many Steel Guitar shows as you can, because there are many, many top notch fella's still out there. Go see them and enjoy! And as another forumite said, if I ever get that winning Lotto ticket, there will be no worries on having a permanent home for the ISGHOF and all that it encompasses. Cool

Thanks again B0b, this place is awesome!!!!

Jeff

Remembering Larry Self (1936-2014)

Bill L. Wilson

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2017 8:21 pm     I Enjoy the Shows.

I'm not playing Fri. night, so I'll be headin' up to Baxter Springs, Ks. for The Steel Show. There's always something to see and hear at these shows. Dallas and Phoenix are bigger, but I really enjoy going to Baxter, the small town feel, the drive up Route 66, the food, fellowship, music, it's all good. In Jan., I'll head to The Phoenix Show and take in The Barrett Jackson Auto Auction, and The Grand Canyon while I'm out there. I believe if you attend one of these shows you'll want to go back every chance you get.