The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey Nashville 400
Don Glasrud

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2017 1:09 pm    

Peavey Nashville 400 amplifier has a black widow speaker but doesn't have the BW insegnia on the grill cloth at the bottom of the cabinet. Was this a later year and are certain vintages better than others? Thanks to anyone who can give me some help with research.

Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2017 11:27 am    

I have owned three Nashville's. And all three have had the BW logo on the speaker grille. Two of them that I owned were not modded. in other words they had the silver corners, and chassis straps. Those were factory made amps. Peavey started putting the tone mods in back in 96 with the serial number starting with 085. Peavey Nashville series with the 085-serial number, and black metal corners and chassis straps have been modified at the factory. The one I own currently has one of the aftermarket mod kits in it. It either has the Ken Fox or the Lemay mod kit in it.

Tommy Shown

Don Glasrud

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2017 8:59 pm    

Thanks Tommy. That clarifies things. I believe the one I'm checking out is a factory amp with the BW insignia broken off. I can see the screw holes in the picture.
What does the fox mod do to the sound? I'm new to steel amps!! Appreciate your help.

Gary L Reed

Castle Rock, CO
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2017 3:16 pm     Nashville 400

I'm also fairly new to the PSG and don't know a thing about amps. I recently traded for a NV 400 that does have the BW insignia on it and am curious as to how I tell if it has been modded or not, and if so, what does that do? Also, I can move the reverb knob from off to full on and can't tell much change in the sound. Is this normal? Thanks

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2017 8:43 am    

Not normal

Bobby Nelson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2017 1:58 am    

No Gary, Either you pot or something in the amp itself is not working properly. My Nashville has great sounding reverb and varies greatly from 0-10.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2017 2:07 am    

The reverb connector ("Molex" connector) that plugs into the amp chassis is notorious for problems. I would "reseat" (unplug and plug back in) the Molex connector and see if that helps.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2017 2:07 am    

The reverb connector ("Molex" connector) that plugs into the amp chassis is notorious for problems. I would "reseat" (unplug and plug back in) the Molex connector and see if that helps.

Gary L Reed

Castle Rock, CO
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2017 10:06 am    

Thanks for that info. I'll check it out.