INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

How do you like it now? (Details)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tom Palmer (D2F Covers) Passes
Jay Hallstrom

Kenmore, Washington, USA
Post Posted 16 Aug 2017 6:04 pm     Reply with quote

I had just spoken to Tom on the phone a couple of days before his homegoing to be with the Lord. I share the sentiment that many of you have expressed that he was a "friend to everyone". Without him, I never would have the courage to pursue the steel. I own a studio called Radiopoet Productions in Kenmore, 5 minutes away from where Tom and Jan lived. We had a long friendship, and one time when I was doing a straight old-school country production for a client, Tom loaned me his Emmons D-10 for a few weeks so I could try my hand at playing what I heard in my head. I play a number of different instruments, but was totally intimidated by the psg! With Tom's encouragement, I pressed on, and the TONE of that guitar, coupled with Tom's encouragement, won the heart of my client, and the (simple) parts I played on the E9th neck remain on the album : )

Like many of you, I have a deep respect and appreciation for Tom, and our many conversations over the years have been a source of encouragement, wisdom and hope during dark seasons. A few months ago I went over to Wenatchee to see him. What a joy! Little do we know what this life will hold! Each day is a precious gift from the Lord. May we all be kind to those in our lives, pursue excellence in our craft, and follow the wonderful example that Tom left for us in how to be a kind example of Jesus to this hurting world. With love and respect for all on this forum, whom Tom loved,

May God bless you all,

Jay Hallstrom
Carl Mesrobian

Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Post Posted 8 Sep 2017 1:36 pm     Reply with quote

I just heard. My condolences to the family.

"Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars." Les Brown