The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tom Palmer (D2F Covers) Passes
Jay Hallstrom

Kenmore, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2017 6:04 pm    

I had just spoken to Tom on the phone a couple of days before his homegoing to be with the Lord. I share the sentiment that many of you have expressed that he was a "friend to everyone". Without him, I never would have the courage to pursue the steel. I own a studio called Radiopoet Productions in Kenmore, 5 minutes away from where Tom and Jan lived. We had a long friendship, and one time when I was doing a straight old-school country production for a client, Tom loaned me his Emmons D-10 for a few weeks so I could try my hand at playing what I heard in my head. I play a number of different instruments, but was totally intimidated by the psg! With Tom's encouragement, I pressed on, and the TONE of that guitar, coupled with Tom's encouragement, won the heart of my client, and the (simple) parts I played on the E9th neck remain on the album : )

Like many of you, I have a deep respect and appreciation for Tom, and our many conversations over the years have been a source of encouragement, wisdom and hope during dark seasons. A few months ago I went over to Wenatchee to see him. What a joy! Little do we know what this life will hold! Each day is a precious gift from the Lord. May we all be kind to those in our lives, pursue excellence in our craft, and follow the wonderful example that Tom left for us in how to be a kind example of Jesus to this hurting world. With love and respect for all on this forum, whom Tom loved,

May God bless you all,

Jay Hallstrom

Carl Mesrobian

Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2017 1:36 pm    

I just heard. My condolences to the family.

"The better it gets, the fewer of us know it." Ray Brown

Franklin Palmer

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 8:31 am     Tom Palmer

I want to thank everyone for the kind words about my father. I joined the forum a few months back but haven't been able to get on here and thank everyone till now. Even now it is hard to find the words. All I can say is thank you and I know he enjoyed meeting and being a part of your lives

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 11:11 am    

I thought I posted here last year, but somehow didn't. Tom was a great guy, with such obvious integrity. My deepest condolences.

Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 16 May 2018 10:19 am    

I just thought about Tom yesterday when packing up my steel.A man of integrity and honor..he is missed..

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2018 9:26 am    

Really too bad that Tom's amazing D2F business shut down.