Just got mine today. So far I have used it with my Strat because my steel is not set up.
1. The function and sweep of the volume seems to work OK.
2. The quality of the tone doesnt seem to be colored but when the note decays I can hear a bit of rush in the background as the note tapers off.
3. Calibration is easy.
4. Not real sure about the stability of the pedal yet as to whether it will walk or move as you use it with the steel.
5. the pedal is heavier than I thought but that doesnt seem to be a problem.
6. A big problem that I have found is that when you take your foot off the pedal it will rock back flush with the floor position which turns the volume wide open.
I have used an Ernie ball with an Izzy for years and really like the durability , function and sound of the pedal. I have two gigs this weekend so I will try this out with the steel and have a better feel for the pedal. As it stands now I'll probable just use the EHX as a backup.
From: London, UK
Posted 16 May 2017 6:39 am
6. if you get a your cable underneath it you're screwed
7. It can't be mounted on a pedal board as it doesn't recognise the calibration properly. Thus your return to normal volume doesn't happen
Stefan aka Bilal Khalif
Bill Hatcher custom 12 string Lap Steel Guitar
E13#9/F Bebop Tuning
Head & Hands to Steel your Heart.
From: Illinois, USA
Posted 17 May 2017 10:14 am
Stefan Robertson wrote:
Greg Lambert wrote:
Probably good for a emergency back up definitely not studio quality.
I actually think its perfect for the Studio maybe more tricky live.
The quality of the note is high but the rush behind the note is not what I want.
From: Ulster Park New Yawk
Posted 22 May 2017 4:58 am
Electro Harmonix sells a plastic cradle for the volume pedal$15.00I'm gonna re-Velcro mine today.Pedal works great! _________________ Desert Rose S-10 4+5,any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese toys continously since the mid 50's
From: London, UK
Posted 22 May 2017 6:56 am
Stu Schulman wrote:
Electro Harmonix sells a plastic cradle for the volume pedal$15.00I'm gonna re-Velcro mine today.Pedal works great!
Tried it and you are unable to calibrate it when mounted on the pedalboard
Wait....maybe you calibrate on flat ground then mount it. DUH.