The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  FREE Roland Octa-Capture
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2016 2:29 am    

I'm posting here since its a recording device.
The unit is offered free, except for UPS shipping (est $25).

The unit has a defective headphone jack/output. But if you have an external headphone amp or headphone distribution amp you can use rear monitor speaker outputs or route some other channels out to the external headphone amp.

The small "phones board assembly" needs replacement but Roland will only sell a replacement package that includes other internal boards and the headphone jack board ($250).

I have a new recording interface unit (MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid) so I don't need the Octa-Capture.

I could probably make it work, but I'm done screwing with it. I've replaced the headphone jack (4 times) and it still has the same problem.

So, its free (except for shipping) to anyone that wants it.

I can take paypal for the shipping. Use send friends money.

EDIT/Added: This comes with Sonar X1LE. I found the CD with the manual. I've never used it as I already have (and use) Sonar. Its never been used so I would assume it can still be registered. Also, there is a driver CD but the Octa-Capture is now Windows "plug and play" (even Win 10) so the driver CD isn't really needed, unless you have a Mac.

Steve Green

Gulfport, MS, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2016 12:50 pm    

I'll take it, Jack. PM me with the email address you want the Paypal sent to. Thanks

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2016 2:26 am    

Steve, I sent you a PM.

The Octa-Capture is taken.

Ronald Ballister

New York, New York, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2016 7:25 pm    

Jack, I bought my OctaCapture right after you did. You helped me get going with it which I greatly appreciated. Its still functional but I'm curious about your new interface. How do you like the MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid compared to the OctaCapture (other than the hardware problem you mentioned)? I'm on a Mac Pro running OS 10.8.5 and use ProTools 10.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2016 2:39 am    

Ron, The MOTU, which has both Firewire and USB connectivity (I'm using USB) has better preamps and slightly lower latency. Also the preamps can be bypassed if you are using an external preamp. The control program MOTU calls it "Cuemix FX" has more routing and EQ options and even a guitar tuner. In fact the Cuemix FX program took some hands on training to fully understand it because of all the options/features.

As far as being "that much" better??? I finally got fed up with Roland and the Octa-Capture and needed a new interface. I didn't want Focusrite and I didn't want Presonus or Steinberg so I started looking at MOTU.